Talk

Advanced search

need advice on going back to work and breastfeeding

(7 Posts)
flickor Tue 14-Jun-11 21:55:51

DD is a good feeder and doing really well at solids. No issue with BF or EBF however going back to work in about three month DD will be ten months. 2 days a week but will be going in from 8-5 at least. Happy to express milk for nursery but have to prepare DD for this. What is the best way ? Any advice

jaggythistle Wed 15-Jun-11 07:39:40

bumping this for you but not sure what to advise about getting DD used to it.

my DS was approx 6 months so we used bottles, maybe a cup would be better at 10 mo?

DS had 2 ebm feeds at first, but was down to one by 8/9 months. i was away from him for about 9 hours a day.

i guess you could let her practice drinking ebm from whatever cup/bottle she'll use at nursery?

hope it goes well for you. smile

Yama Wed 15-Jun-11 07:44:59

Ds is almost 10 months old. I have just gone back to work. I bf before and after work and at 4.30am. Ds wont take a bottle but he does eat lots of food and drink water.

I work full time. Didn't prepare ds for it and he hasn't really noticed.

RitaMorgan Wed 15-Jun-11 07:51:43

At 10 months I've not sure I'd bother expressing for those two days - if you do though go with milk in a cup. If my 10 month old is away from me for the day he refuses milk in a cup and just waits til I get home.

PenguinArmy Wed 15-Jun-11 08:14:03

I'd stopped expressing by 10 months, otherwise I assume you use a cup for solid meals, try introducing it in that.

Don't worry about any prep, except for a few times with a cup/bottle in the week or two beforehand if you want to go down that route. You can try just with a bit of cows milk rather than the faff of expressing.

flickor Wed 15-Jun-11 08:54:46

cheers Guys - will try giving DD some ebf in doidy cup. Nice to know others have been in same boat as me.

thesurgeonsmate Wed 15-Jun-11 15:03:02

I think the nursery might thank you to have a practice with a lidded cup as well - certainly it wasn't long before mine was drinking her EBM on a cushion rather than someone's knee. She uses a non-valve sippy cup.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now