Talk

Advanced search

Quick expressing query..

(5 Posts)
gummymum Wed 15-Dec-10 19:14:50

I am expressing once a day (only just starting) so that DH can get involved in feeding. My LO is 4 1/2 weeks.
I only get 1oz in total so far, hoping this will increase with time.
My question is - can I add to the milk already in the fridge as long as I use it within the 8 days (Kellymom)?

Nagoo Wed 15-Dec-10 19:20:08

yes. everything I've read says yes. bumping so someone confident can say yes too!

mollycuddles Wed 15-Dec-10 19:27:09

Yes. I do. But it's 8 days from the first bit of milk in the bottle iykwim. 1oz is fine for starting expressing. I've been expressing all the blardy time frequently for months as I'm back at work full time and rarely get more than 1.5oz unless I haven't fed/expressed for hours. But it is a hassle and feeding really isn't the only way daddy can bond with your baby. If you're finding expressing hard going you might decide not to continue. If you're expressing so you can have some pampering/nice haircut etc then that's different but don't over stretch yourself for a perception re your dh needing to feed to bond. The ebf stage is very short really and he can be involved when weaning starts. (sorry if I'm lecturing - not my intention)

hth

PenguinArmy Wed 15-Dec-10 21:29:51

as others have said, but sounds like a lot of work just for DH to give a feed here and there.

If you're expressing supply doesn't increase, I'd pump and store for when you plan to a have night/day away

gummymum Thu 16-Dec-10 14:27:52

OK great, thanks for the responses. I would like to give my nipples a break every now and then cos they are still sore and storing for a break away sounds like bliss!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: