Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Best place to Blog?

(10 Posts)
PuckyMup Sat 21-Nov-15 23:19:22

Hiya

Looking at starting a blog. Where is the best place to do it? Only one I know of is Blog spot?

Thanks smile

Treasures Tue 24-Nov-15 01:57:41

I started on Blogspot and that's probably the easiest one to start on. I now use Wordpress self-hosted but that's a complicated beast to start with. Otherwise, there's Wordpress.com (not the same as self-hosted) which is pretty simple. There's also Weebly. There are lots of others too but these are the ones I'm familiar with.

PuckyMup Tue 24-Nov-15 21:30:37

Thank you smile

Think Blogspot is the best one then - well known and idiot proof :D

katesmith25 Fri 04-Dec-15 11:32:54

Weebly is also good one.

ScandinavianInUK Sun 13-Dec-15 13:59:21

I like Blogspot too but a friend recommended wordpress. It often comes down to personal perference as you may find one site easier to use that another : )

jennykay Thu 11-Feb-16 08:37:06

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Accidentalhipstermum Sun 13-Mar-16 18:48:06

I think wordpress isn't too bad if you've got an afternoon to get to grips with it. There's loads of free extras you can your hands on to help out, as well as a good selection of free themes. I wouldn't spend any money until you know you're definitely going to keep it up, not everyone sticks to it once they've started, it's so hard to get seen these days.

X

AndyDesigner Wed 20-Apr-16 16:34:00

Hi there! I recommend www.templatemonster.com/moto-cms-3-templates.php. This is the perfect website builder for beginners.

ABWyze Fri 29-Apr-16 12:20:19

I am a new blogger and have no idea what to do other than type away to myself hoping that someone will find me. I use wordpress becuse it was reccommended to me. Any advice would be welcome bearing in mind that I am really a writer and NOT an IT techy

zanuda Wed 04-May-16 14:19:30

ABWyze, if you want people to find you - open Social Media goups/fan-pages for your blog, post there every time you've got something new (->build followers). The same time try to comment other blogs you like, engage in social media conversations. The idea is to get a lot of followers everywhere. Let's say, you'll get 1000 followers on social media, 10 will go to your blog and read the latest post (you posted on that media). smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now