Talk

Advanced search

Leanders little lady is here at last.

(19 Posts)
leander Mon 02-May-05 11:15:30

Well here comes my story.
I was booked in for inducement on Sunday 1st May but being 11days late was long enough for her.I had a show on thursday morning but nothing else tillearly hours saturday morning when contractions were every 10 mins, they died off around lunchtime then came back every 5 mins at about 6 pm, phoned the hospital and they said to stay at home as long as i was comfortable,phoned them back at about 8-50pm as the pains were every couple of minutes and i stared to bleed, they told us to come in straight away.We got to the hospital about 9-10pm and was examined at about 9-45 and was 8 cms dilated,started on the gas and air but then one contraction was tailing into the other so buzzed for the midwife and asked for pethedine.She asked if i was trying to push but I didnt think i was so she examined me again at 10-10pm said I was fully dilated and couldnt have any drugs.Waters hadnt broken so she broke them at 10-20pm and as she done this she told me she could see the head and told me to push, 3 pushes later she was here, couldnt believe the speed.Erin Julie born 10-23pm weighing 7lb 1oz , she is absolutely gorgous loads of dark hair and just perfect.We were discharged on Sunday at 4-30pm and glad to be home.Had a lousy night last night feeding doesnt seem to be going very well she was on the breast for 4 hrs last night but is sleeping peacefully now. .

colditz Mon 02-May-05 11:17:03

Ah congratulations.

<<Every time I see one of these announcements I want a baby even more>>

LGJ Mon 02-May-05 11:17:07

Congratulations.

hunkermunker Mon 02-May-05 11:17:20

Congratulations! Welcome to the world, Erin Julie

PS - tiktok was about just now if you want to post about feeding difficulties?

ghosty Mon 02-May-05 11:17:36

Congratulations Leander .... glad it went so well (apart from the lack of drugs )
Love the name ... my cousin's little girl is called Erin too ....

coppertop Mon 02-May-05 11:17:45

Congratulations! A big welcome to baby Erin.

LGJ Mon 02-May-05 11:17:57

Bum I was the first here

Took too long to read it and got beaten to it by Colditz.

beansprout Mon 02-May-05 11:19:44

Congratulations and welcome to Erin!!

Tinker Mon 02-May-05 12:09:56

Oh fantastic Leander, glad it was so fast. Thought if she hadn't already come, tomorrow night's match would push you over anyway

Gem1355 Mon 02-May-05 12:10:57

Congratulations and welcome Erin

mears Mon 02-May-05 12:11:12

Congratulations and welcome to Erin. Don't let her sleep too lond though - you might end up with another marathon session

MarsLady Mon 02-May-05 12:35:50

congratulations!

chatee Mon 02-May-05 18:23:05

oh,leander and family a very BIG CONGRATULATIONS from all of us, i have been a naughty mummy today and sneaked upstairs on many occasions looking for this announcement....
love the name, Erin was on our shortlist last year but doesn't quite suit a ds!!
enjoy the match tomorrow-you can watch it all.....just have a marathon feed at that time
lots of love Chatee and co. xxxxxxxxx
ps: i'm smiling from ear to ear for you...

moondog Mon 02-May-05 18:25:36

A May Day baby!
How lovely!
Welcome baby Erin.
Hope the feeding gets sorted. XXX

Maddison Mon 02-May-05 19:05:04

Congratulations Leander and family

Love the name, it's what we had chosen for our first but turned out he's a boy!

fisil Mon 02-May-05 19:08:40

Congratulations!

Roobie Tue 03-May-05 00:39:10

Congratulations on little Erin - can empathise about the mammoth night feeding sessions... give it time though..Alexander is 2 weeks old now and only just becoming less nocturnal!

aprilmeadow Tue 03-May-05 09:30:00

Congratulations and welcome baby Erin.

I too can empathise with the 4 hour feeding sessions!

motherpeculiar Tue 03-May-05 14:01:45

Congratulations Leander and a big welcome to Erin. The birth sounded great. Hope the feeding settles down soon.

MP X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now