Talk

Advanced search

Splashdown for baby of oceanmama!

(19 Posts)
oceanmama Tue 01-Mar-05 14:23:29

Officially announcing the arrival of Madeline Claire Elizabeth, at 11.53am on Wednesday 23rd – an elective section due to breech position. Only slight hitch was the spinal missing the first time and needing to be done again (ouch!) but otherwise everything went really smoothly. DH surprised me by standing up and peering over the drapes at the crucial moment (he’s normally really squeamish), and provided an excited commentary as she was born (“Ooh, I can see a leg!”). 5 minutes after the operation started, my extremely cross looking daughter was whisked past me onto the resuscitaire, dried off and checked over by the midwife, then brought back and put onto my chest, where she stayed for pretty much the rest of the day…

The recovery afterwards also went pretty smoothly – I had all the tubes and dressings removed the morning after, and was helped out of bed to have a shower. By day 2 I was walking around fairly normally (albeit slowly), and just really needed help getting from lying down to standing. I count myself very lucky to have had really really good post-natal care – I was well supplied with pain relief, the midwives were very good about checking Maddie’s latch-on with me as I was paranoid about getting it right, and even the food wasn’t too bad!

We came home on Saturday, and Maddie is doing great – she has cute fluffy hair, dark blue eyes and a BIG appetite. Have been having engorgement and slightly sore nipples since my milk came in with a vengeance yesterday, but my community midwife gave me a few tips which seem to be helping.

Here's a picture - this is the first time I've tried to do a link so hope this works...
Madeline, 10 minutes old

Hulababy Tue 01-Mar-05 14:25:18

Congratulations and welcome to Madeline Claire Elizabeth She is lovely!

Sallie Tue 01-Mar-05 14:37:36

Congratulations - Madeline is one of the names I have chosen this time around if no 3 is a girl! She is lovely and your positive c-s birth should reassure all who read it and are expecting soon.

Pidge Tue 01-Mar-05 14:37:56

Oh WOW! Brilliant story - that sounds like such a positive experience, and isn't she gorgeous.

Well done - and enjoy having Madeleine home with you.

(Very jealous that my own babe seems determined to stay on the inside for a while!)

sweeney Tue 01-Mar-05 18:23:52

lovely to see her and glad that things went well.
what advice helped with the engorgment and sore nips?

misdee Tue 01-Mar-05 18:25:59

congratulations. another march-er to graduate early

cazzybabs Tue 01-Mar-05 18:28:21

congratulations. She looks beautiful!

beansprout Tue 01-Mar-05 18:30:41

Many congratulations and welcome to Maddie!!

coppertop Tue 01-Mar-05 18:49:53

Congratulations!

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Tue 01-Mar-05 18:53:03

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww...... Congratulations

SeaShells Tue 01-Mar-05 18:55:33

Congratulations! Madeline is a beautiful name

bonym Tue 01-Mar-05 21:15:27

Lovely photo - many, many congratulations.

mears Tue 01-Mar-05 21:21:32

Congratulations. Lovely photo

Newbarnsleygirl Tue 01-Mar-05 21:22:29

Congratulations!

Wonderful picture

Tipex Tue 01-Mar-05 21:39:23

Congrats on the birth of madeline and what a lovely photo . Hope the recovery continues to go well. Enjoy your new daughter. xx

Leogaela Tue 01-Mar-05 22:05:19

A beautiful baby! Congratulations!

Gem13 Tue 01-Mar-05 22:19:56

Congratulations and welcome to Madeline Claire Elizabeth Lovely photo.

Marina Wed 02-Mar-05 12:50:12

Congratulations Oceanmama, pretty names for a pretty girl Hope your recovery continues well and welcome to Mumsnet Madeline!

Angeliz Mon 07-Mar-05 14:53:31

Congratulations oceanmama+

Gorgeous pic+

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now