Talk

Advanced search

emotional vampire "friends"

(3 Posts)
scrunchie Tue 10-Nov-09 13:33:20

Just needed somewhere to let it out really.. how can you cope when your "friends" ran a mile when you lost a premature baby.. and then turn to you when they have a trauma, again and again.. while offering little support for where your life is now and dismissing your concerns?

Don't want to ditch because the traumas are very real for this person and don't want to treat others how I was treated - however, feels like she is a Harry Potter dementor..

No replies needed just needed to let that out..

Lemonylemon Tue 10-Nov-09 14:20:46

My friends ran a mile when my OH died. I told one of them off a while ago, but the conversation was still all about her....

I think sometimes, to protect yourself, you need to put up an emotional barrier and metaphorically turn your back.

Don't forget, your trauma was very real to you too......

scrunchie Tue 10-Nov-09 14:34:04

That's really good advice lemony - you don't have to let on that you have put that barrier in place, but put walls up so you don't get chewed up and spat out over and over.. thank you very much, you have really helped!
x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now