Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

i miss you nanna

(6 Posts)
chibi Fri 25-Sep-09 16:55:02

the thing i find hardest is how i keep getting blindsided by grief, it comes out of nowhere.

and this despite knowing you were dying, that i wasn't going to see you again after that summer, that you wouldn't meet ds...

i think i was expecting to be able to send you pictures, though.

i was thinking of you in the days before you died, that i really needed to send a letter with recent pics of c, that it had been a while. i put it off, but even if i had sent it, it never would have reached you in time.

i look at you picture everyday. it is a fuuny one, i don't know who got you to wear the silly hat, but it's the look in your face that i love best.

faced with a camera your face so often was like a closed fist and you gave nothing away, but in this picture you are smiling, looking at me expectantly, as if to say, 'tell me more'.

i gotta go, c is back with dh, i love you always.

xx
m

BlueBumedFly Fri 25-Sep-09 22:46:31

xxxxx
I hope your nanna is up there with mine, she would have loved to have met my DD too. Hopefully they are wearing silly hats together. xxx

cupofteaplease Fri 25-Sep-09 22:55:05

Lots of love to your nanna, and mine x

herbietea Fri 25-Sep-09 22:59:01

Message withdrawn

BlueBumedFly Fri 25-Sep-09 23:18:21

Bless you herbie xx

chibi Sat 26-Sep-09 13:05:02

thank you all. i guess in a way i am lucky as she is the first person i loved who has died, and i am well into my 30s.

2 weeks after she died my ds was born 5 weeks prem and so i guess i am only now getting the space to grieve.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now