Talk

Advanced search

Wife of acquaintance died - wwyd?

(4 Posts)
Grockle Mon 13-May-13 18:42:45

He's a dad at karate. We've chatted a lot. His wife died on Thursday. He has 3 dc. What should I do? I've scrawled a note on the back of an envelope I found in my bag saying that I'm sorry & if I can do anything at all to let me know & I put my number on the bottom. Do I give it to him or leave it? It's silence so I can't talk to him & the children will be around at the end. Is passing a note to him weird?

BeerTricksPotter Mon 13-May-13 18:49:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tournament Mon 13-May-13 18:49:54

Wow, his wife died on Thursday and he's a Karate today. He must be trying very hard to keep things normal for DC, but of course they can't be.

Had she been ill for a long time?

If he's someone you're generally pretty friendly with, I think a squeeze of the shoulder, a tiny smile and just let me know if there's anything you need? Then give him your number.

Grockle Mon 13-May-13 19:01:28

She'd been ill for years - cancer. The DC have done karate for years so I guess he's just trying to be 'normal'? I don't know. They only moved here a few months ago.

I'll give him my number on a bit of paper at the end.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now