Advanced search

I'm registering death today, how do I find DH's National Insurance number.

(15 Posts)
PestoSwimissimos Wed 10-Apr-13 09:57:32

Can anyone help me please? DH died on Monday sad
Registry office need DH's medical card and/or National Insurance number and I can't find either.

Any suggestions how I can track either down please?
<<panicking slightly>>

Following on from that, they need to know what Benefits he was on. How do I find out?

Sparklingbrook Wed 10-Apr-13 09:58:54

Oh Pesto I am so sorry. Have you got a payslip the NI number should be on that.

TimrousBeastie Wed 10-Apr-13 09:59:47

so sorry for your loss x

did you get child tax credits? it would be on that,or a pay slip maybe?

DaffodilsAhoy Wed 10-Apr-13 09:59:52

So sorry to hear about your DH Pesto.

You could ring personnel at your DH's work, they should be able to tell you.

Titsalinabumsquash Wed 10-Apr-13 10:00:11

Is there any paperwork from tax credits or DLA? That will have the NIN on it.

I'm so sorry for your loss. thanks

aftereight Wed 10-Apr-13 10:00:52

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Pesto. There's something surreal about having to do all the practical stuff at a time like this, isn't there?
You should be able to find his NI number on a payslip or P60, or his NHS number on a hospital appointment letter or your GP surgery.
Take care x

PestoSwimissimos Wed 10-Apr-13 10:01:25

He shut down his business 3 years ago so no pay slips. Will look at child benefit, but think that comes to me.

rowrowrowtheboat Wed 10-Apr-13 10:01:48

So sorry for your loss.

Call your doctors as they will have his NHS number and details of how to get a card.NI number is often on payslips and pensions statements and p60's. his work may give it to you if you can't find any of that.

Good luck with organising it all and keeping it together.

QOD Wed 10-Apr-13 10:01:59

I'm sorry Pesto.
Take it from your profile that it wasn't unexpected? Is there some sort of support group or something the dr or whatever can point you toward?

LIZS Wed 10-Apr-13 10:03:29

so sorry sad do you have any tax office correspondence - p11D, Notice of Coding etc , or could you contact payroll. Do you mean job related benefits (such as Car Allowance) or State Benefits ?

PestoSwimissimos Wed 10-Apr-13 10:10:07

He worked for himself, but stopped 3 years ago when he got cancer. He had his own company, hence no pay slips. He shut it down coz he did'nt want the hastle whilst he was ill.

So there are no pay slips or employers to contact. I have got his blue NHS patient record but it's only got an NHS patient number and that's not the same thing. Grrr!

PestoSwimissimos Wed 10-Apr-13 10:11:24

He had Disabled Living Allowance but I don't know what else, coz he always dealt with all our finances sad

LIZS Wed 10-Apr-13 10:17:45

Can you ring up HMRC ?

Mumcentreplus Wed 10-Apr-13 10:26:58

So sorry for your loss Pesto <hugs>

Contact the National Insurance Helpline on -0845-915-7006 they may be able to help you with your query. x

PestoSwimissimos Wed 10-Apr-13 11:43:38

Thanks all, I've traced it off a bank statement!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: