Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Congenital Torticollis question...

(7 Posts)
lunarx Mon 04-Jul-05 09:37:18

i have a friend in the US who's 3 month old son has this (Congenital Torticollis or 'twisted neck') her doctor told her that it is not very serious and should correct itself, but i am wondering if any other moms here have had children diagnosed with this and what was the outcome?

thanks in advance

jenkins88 Mon 04-Jul-05 12:25:42

I've heard of torticollis, where the muscles in the neck are tighter on one side, but I don't know if 'congenital torticollis' is the same thing. If it's the same then your friends baby might benefit from some stretching exercises. There's quite a lot of advice on the internet, especially on 'plagio' websites.

HTH

ruty Mon 04-Jul-05 13:08:56

try a good chiropractor specializing in infants.

lunarx Mon 04-Jul-05 14:55:04

thanks jenkins, will have a look for the plagio websites..

haven Mon 04-Jul-05 15:41:24

my neice was a twin, while inside her neck was held in one position. well to make along story short, they got an ot or something and twice a week they brought her in to stretch. in the mean time, mommy stretched her neck. not hard just to get the muscles to do right. it still shows a tinny tiny bit, but only if you know her, and they are three now., but before her head looked like it would fall off.

Saacsmum Wed 06-Jul-05 10:15:32

Hi there, my son had torticollis when he was born. He had physio for about 4 weeks and it came right. Although he does still have a side preference, he can turn his neck absolutely fine both ways.

lunarx Fri 08-Jul-05 14:40:20

thanks again for the responses

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now