Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When the hitting starts.................

(6 Posts)
megcleary Sun 25-Oct-09 21:22:29

DD is 2.2 and generally a fab girl. The last three weeks she has started hitting DH and myself on face, bum, chest where ever she can reach really. Sometimes this is just when she is boistrous or when she has been told off for something.

Now advice please on the best way to deal with this we tried ignoring it this morning but she hit DH about 37 times in the space of 10 mins. The saying no has not been working advice appreciated.

MatNanPlus Sun 25-Oct-09 21:25:53

Move her away.

Say you do not like it.

Try to catch her arm/hand before she makes contact and so the above.

No other attention to it so she will get bored.

megcleary Sun 25-Oct-09 21:44:20

Rightio will give it a shot, i think the telling off is making it more of a game.

MatNanPlus Sun 25-Oct-09 22:13:28

make your voice flat and repeat, repeat, repeat grin she has 3 weeks to unlearn.

kcartyparty Sun 25-Oct-09 22:22:58

At two years of age your DD is trying to establish her boundaries. If she hits you again, kneel down to her level (eye to eye) and tell her in a deep firm and slightly raised voice 'Do no hit me'

Walk out of the room.

Turning your back on your DS will show her you are unhappy and she does not deserve your attention at this moment

She will soon get the message. I know, as my DS used to do it to me. He is now 9yrs of age and a lovely boy.

Good Luck

megcleary Mon 26-Oct-09 19:40:49

Thanks for the advice, will get onto it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now