Talk

Advanced search

How to teach stranger danger without going over board?

(10 Posts)
JustcallmeDog Thu 06-Aug-09 09:15:08

Message withdrawn

whomovedmychocolate Thu 06-Aug-09 09:17:34

Oh dear. I have been doing 'most people are nice but some people are nice. If anyone tries to take you away shout as loud as you can, let's practice' (as they generally love shouting anyway). hmm

There was a very good book about this ( a children's book) but I can't remember what it's called. Hang on I'll have a look.

whomovedmychocolate Thu 06-Aug-09 09:21:43

Can't find it sorry but this one looks all right - there are tons of kids books on this though

JustcallmeDog Thu 06-Aug-09 09:27:05

Message withdrawn

whomovedmychocolate Thu 06-Aug-09 09:28:45

I've taught them as long as mummy and daddy are holding their hands or right there it's fine to say hello back if someone says hello but that we are secret agents and must not tell them anything that might lead them back to the lair (DD is having a 'spy' thing at the minute hmm) grin

If nothing else, they can hit the stranger with the book anyway! grin

JustcallmeDog Thu 06-Aug-09 09:34:03

Message withdrawn

whomovedmychocolate Thu 06-Aug-09 11:25:01

Actually I'm fairly shite at this parenting lark as well - and I would warn you the spy thing has it's downside. Like when DD sidles up to me and says 'I have a secret mummy'. When asked what it is she says 'I have a secret poo for you' hmm

Normally about this point I notice a rather bad smell hmm

Get some Daisy books (Nick Sharratt I think) there is one called Six o Seven and a half which is about spying. I loathe them but DD thinks they are the business.

JustcallmeDog Thu 06-Aug-09 22:02:38

Message withdrawn

whomovedmychocolate Thu 06-Aug-09 22:13:48

The very concept of a secret poo is slightly alarming isn't it? grin

JustcallmeDog Thu 06-Aug-09 22:36:42

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: