Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

ds had big patch of dry crusty skin on his head. What should i put on it?

(11 Posts)
juicychops Mon 16-May-05 13:13:41

Im not seeing health visitor until Wednesday. It looks really sore but it doesn't seem to be bothering him. Its really scabby though and he occasionally catches his nail on it and it bleeds. He's had it a week now. Ive been putting olive oil on it but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. also tried baby oil and baby lotion but nothing works. Anyone had similar problems with their ds/dd?

bossykate Mon 16-May-05 13:14:49

how old is he? do you think it could be cradle cap? if so i can highly recommend aveeno cream - cleared up dd's cradle cap in 2 days

juicychops Mon 16-May-05 13:18:56

I dont think its cradle cap. Ive been using Dentinox cradle cap shampoo for the last week just in case but it hasn't done anything. He is 4 months old. It looks like a big burn on the side of his head!

kid Mon 16-May-05 13:21:13

try vaseline. DD had dry skin on her chin when she was a baby and that cleared up really well.

TrophyWife Mon 16-May-05 13:21:47

have you used a diff shampoo or anything else diff that might have caused it to make him skin sore?

Willow2 Mon 16-May-05 13:22:54

Could it be impetigo?

almost40 Mon 16-May-05 13:24:01

Aveeno moisturizing cream

juicychops Mon 16-May-05 13:28:05

only changed the shampoo to the cradle cap one after he already had scabby skin. Whats impetigo?

juicychops Mon 16-May-05 13:33:39

Just read on the internet what impetigo is and i dont think it is that.

lima Mon 16-May-05 13:40:27

I think you will need to get it looked at to be identified - could be dermitits or eczema

juicychops Mon 16-May-05 13:47:29

I might go doctors tomorrow. Its not bothering him at all but where he catches his nails on it making it bleed, im worried it will start hurting him

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now