Talk

Advanced search

when does colic stop and when did your baby sleep for longer in the night

(9 Posts)
bigboydiditandranaway Sat 30-Aug-08 21:27:34

4wk old baby has colic and wakes every 2ish hrs in the night. when did things improve with your baby<<<<<not having another baby emotion>>>>

PussinJimmyChoos Sat 30-Aug-08 21:28:41

Calm....it WILL get better....

Are you BF or formula feeding?

babyOcho Sat 30-Aug-08 21:39:54

My DD was cranky from 7 to 8.30pm from about 7 weeks until just over 3 months. For her it wasn't gas related, she was just cranky, I now think it was the processing thing.

For us it got worse before it got better (sorry), but we tackled it by remembering that IT WILL GET BETTER. Also, remember it's not personal.

bigboydiditandranaway Sat 30-Aug-08 21:57:26

we're bottle feeding thankfully....

with ds after 12wks he slept through till 5ish but i can't remember with colic.

PussinJimmyChoos Sat 30-Aug-08 22:02:45

Right, well DS was bottle fed after about 6 weeks and he had bad colic as well - we switched to the Dr Browns bottles and it does help a lot imo. It didn't help completely with DS as he had reflux which is a whole other story, but try the Dr Browns first and see how you get on with those? They are fiddly for washing but sooo worth it!

BlueBumedFly Sat 30-Aug-08 22:09:13

DD1 had colic 24/7 till 3 months then it was like turning off a lightswitch, she just changed overnight (for the better!)

DD3 had colic and I used Colief which was excellent. She also had reflux which is another story.

It does get better. Have you tried Colief?

bonnyb1 Sat 30-Aug-08 22:15:20

both my DDs had colic and we used colief it was fab, and I hear it comes on prescription now.

BlueBumedFly Sat 30-Aug-08 22:17:37

Bonnyb1 - it does come on prescription but you have to make a really good case for it, I never got my GP to prescribe but given my time again I would throw my toys out of the pram make demand! It worked wonders with our DD and it was the only thing that worked.

pinata Sun 31-Aug-08 16:53:18

colief saved our life - it was amazing. can't praise it enough. stopped needing it at about 4 months, although had improvement at 3

DD now 9 months and only now officially sleeps all the way through the night - ie. 7.30pm - 7am. before that she woke around 5 ish for months

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now