Califrau Tue 28-Aug-07 18:19:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AttilaTheMum Tue 28-Aug-07 18:21:27

A chamber pot?

MaloryTowersHasManners Tue 28-Aug-07 18:21:37

clumsymum Tue 28-Aug-07 18:26:48

how old is ds1?

star chart? A star for every day he DOESNT wake everyone else, a reward after 10 stars?????

MarsLady Tue 28-Aug-07 18:28:08

oh.... you said legal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't help then I'm afraid!!!!

Fangzooki Tue 28-Aug-07 18:28:43

Earplugs and sleepmask for ds2? grin

Bribery/rewards/sticker chart for doing ti quietly? Don't fancy your chances of changing his bladder clock really, but have you tried getting him up for a wee when you go bed - to empty him out as it were?

Nightlight in bathroom so no need to put light on?

Trip to local ploice station for crimes against sleep.....?

CissyCharlton Tue 28-Aug-07 18:33:31

My DS1 aged 5, now wakes DS2 (aged 18 months)and lifts him out of his cot. Consequently we are now woken at 5.45 by BOTH of them.

DS2's favorite trick is to come running into our room with a Dr. Who alarm clock, which when he presses it says 'Exterminate' over and over again.

ProjectIcarus Tue 28-Aug-07 18:35:38

give him more water so he wakes up earlier?

a portable night light/torch for his visit?

Califrau Tue 28-Aug-07 18:36:43

MerlinsBeard Tue 28-Aug-07 18:38:36

can you geta rope light and lead it from his room to the bathroom so he can see without putting the light on?

as for the stomping..that would make me angry so maybe some mahoosive squishy slippers like the guiness ones you an get?

Blandmum Tue 28-Aug-07 18:42:05

Sympathy, sympathy, this is horrid. My two were just like this. No matter what time they went to bed, they would be 'Zing', up at 6.00 at the latest. I well remember looking at the clock and begging it not to say 5 something.

All that I can say is that they are growing out of it, and now if they stay up a bit, they sleep in. they only thing that helped us was time.....sorry sad

filthymindedvixen Tue 28-Aug-07 18:46:53

ds1 is like this. He is 9.5...sigh. No matter how early or late he goes to bed, no matter if he has walked a million miles that day, he wakes up at 5.30 and he cannot be awake for more than 5 minutes without waking ds2. Who Needs His Sleep. No amount of threats, cajoling, rewards has cured this. Except for ds2 kicked him hard in the nads last week. He did leave it several days before doing it again.grin

Blandmum Tue 28-Aug-07 18:48:37

I shouldn't have laughed FMV, but I did!

Not the sort of thing that you can actually recomend even though it was efficatious in the short term!

filthymindedvixen Tue 28-Aug-07 18:51:51

MB grin. I like to think it is because ds1 is so hyper intelligent that he doesn't need sleep like us mere mortals....

Piggy Tue 28-Aug-07 18:53:56

Pah - you amateurs. Anything after 5.30 is a lie in chez Piggy. grin

Blandmum Tue 28-Aug-07 18:54:33

Well, if he goes back to doing it after a kick in the nads, he must be hyperintelegent with a poor short term memory! grin

Or high pain threashold.

It is grim though. Mine are getting better now. We slept in to 8.30 on holiday and that has never happened.

filthymindedvixen Tue 28-Aug-07 18:56:29

poor short term memory - got it in one!
(elephant-like long term memroy though, so maybe he'll work it out in a year or so. But bang goes my chance of grandchildren)

Blandmum Tue 28-Aug-07 18:57:22

'Mummy, why are my nads throbbing?'

'Dunno, ask your brother'

Califrau Tue 28-Aug-07 18:57:44

CissyCharlton Tue 28-Aug-07 19:03:57

FMV, I've had similar experiences of trying to get my DC off to bed earlier, without success. The fact is, my kids take after their father, who is an early riser whilst I'm the opposite. However there are advantages to it. They can get loads of things done before I've even brushed my teeth.

Califrau Tue 28-Aug-07 19:06:31

filthymindedvixen Tue 28-Aug-07 19:07:07

loads of things done?

Oh yeas, cover the kitchen in chocolate spread, leave a trail of cornflakes up and down the stairs, liberally scatter lego all over the landing and then just in case mum and dad might have struggled back into dreamland, put Spongebob on loud enough to wake the dead.

All punctuated by ds2 howling at him.

Swiftly followed by ds1 howling as another well-aimed kick strikes home grin

clumsymum Tue 28-Aug-07 19:07:17

I know you're not supposed to do this but .........

if reward charts don't work, take away a particular toy, and say he can have it back when he stops waking every one up ?????????

sazzybee Tue 28-Aug-07 19:16:50

cissy - that bloody Doctor Who alarm clock will be the death of me. I have been very tempted to 'accidentally' drop it down the loo several times angry

Shoshable Tue 28-Aug-07 19:18:27

take the bulb out and leave the landing light on. Just make sure he cant fall down the stairs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now