Talk

Advanced search

How to help an angry 9 year old?

(4 Posts)
Theromanempire Mon 16-Oct-17 11:54:29

DS2 (year 4) has real issues managing his temper. He has always been volatile but it has generally been kept at home and not school.

However his teacher has contacted me to say that he has started pushing other children now when he gets angry. He says it is because other children are picking on him/deliberately excluding him (which i have fed back to the teacher).

I really don't know how to help him control his anger - what techniques can he use?

He is such an adorable, imaginative, cuddly boy most of the time but I'm worried he will end up friendless and alone sad

Theromanempire Mon 16-Oct-17 12:42:46

Bump smile

Theromanempire Mon 16-Oct-17 19:53:37

Bump for the evening crowd smile

Blinkingblimey Tue 17-Oct-17 20:22:10

A friend of mine is having real success taking her dd to cbt - am considering taking mine who also has a habit of flying off the handle. Our issues are more at home - I'm just working hard at keeping calm myself and trying to talk through it. If your child's issues are mainly school based a meeting with you, your child & teachers would be helpful. Sorry not to be more use.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: