Talk

Advanced search

How often does your child have play dates?

(7 Posts)
dietcokewithlemon Fri 24-Feb-17 14:23:13

I know they should have lots at 5 and 6 to help them learn to play nicely (!!!) but I'm not good at organising them very often. Interested to know how many other families have regularly....

2ndSopranos Fri 24-Feb-17 17:25:18

Very, very few...

I work nearly ft so after school is out of the question, but will have s couple over the holidays. Dd2 had a friend over today.

They've managed to learn to play nicely without an endless stream of playdates so I wouldn't worry!

AllTheLight Sat 25-Feb-17 07:18:10

My 7yo has one every two weeks or so.

coco1983 Sat 25-Feb-17 10:46:01

My little girl is only 2, and she doesn't have any siblings or cousins so although we don't often do 'playdates' I do make sure I take her to playgroups etc every day. If your children are in school and they have each other I wouldn't really worry about it though.

Lowdoorinthewal1 Sat 25-Feb-17 10:49:54

My DS is 6.5 and an only.

I almost never organise playdates for him, two since Christmas I think. However, we are very lucky to live in a very safe, traffic-free location so he plays free-range outside with friends all the time.

He and his best friend are upstairs ferreting about in his room right now.

JonesyAndTheSalad Sun 26-Feb-17 01:50:51

Hardly any. I know some kids are out at someone's house weekly but I can't really stand to have other people's small children around. They're difficult at this age and often they get sick of one another.

I found with my older ones, it's much easier past the age of 8 as they look after themselves then. All you need to do is chuck some food at them now and then!

Carrie76 Sun 26-Feb-17 16:11:23

My eldest, 6, would have 1 or 2 a week. I find them great, they keep each other entertained.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now