Talk

Advanced search

How do I stop my toddler from pinching and biting me?

(3 Posts)
Sansarya Mon 20-Jul-15 13:46:25

DS is 17 months but for the past few months constantly wants to pinch or bite me. I know he does it out of affection as he doesn’t try it with anyone except me and DP, but it’s getting unbelievably frustrating and it bloody hurts too! I say no in a firm voice and remove his hand (which he thinks is hilarious), or put him in his cot for a few minutes (where he usually screams) but neither approach is helping and I’m reaching my wits end sad Any ideas how I can get him to stop?

TheHouseOnBellSt Mon 20-Jul-15 15:52:51

It's not out of affection. It's a call for attention. Any kind of attention is good when you're 17 months old. I used to ignore my DD for a minute when she did this. I would leave the room...or put her outside it for a few seconds.

She soon stopped.

lazyfrog Mon 20-Jul-15 21:52:34

Yep just attention seeking. I say 'no biting mummy' once and if happens again move ds away - put him down away from me. A minute or so quiet and then carry on with the day chatting like it wasn't happening. It's working and hitty bitey pully behaviour has lessened loads. Now if I could just cure winey leg holding when I'm cooking life would be perfect...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now