Talk

Advanced search

kids parties...

(8 Posts)
MrsRV Tue 27-Jan-15 14:45:35

DD is having a third birthday party - hello kitty theme i.e. plates/cups/decor etc.

do boys have the same or do i have to go & buy separate boys ones??

i'm not asking for a debate on gender specific toys/products etc. Just would like comments from those who have hosted a girlie party please!!!!grin grin

DeanKoontz Tue 27-Jan-15 14:48:57

At 3, I don't think they'll mind much.

AlwaysDancing1234 Tue 27-Jan-15 14:49:45

I would say go with the theme. I have a DS who is 7 and over the years we've been to various themed parties including superheros, moshi monsters and Disney princess. Boys and girls all had the same plates and cups etc, DS wasn't too fussed. The only thing that was different were the party bags and contents.
As Hello Kitty is pink and white you could always do half pink and half White if you think the buys wouldn't appreciate all pink but I know at age 3 DS and his friends wouldn't bother at all as long as they had food & drink!

superzero Tue 27-Jan-15 14:52:19

Same for all of them.
At 3 nobody minds.

GooseyLoosey Tue 27-Jan-15 15:01:34

At 3, same for all. A bit older and you might have problems.

Guin1 Tue 27-Jan-15 15:32:14

My DS is 2.5 and pink is one of his favourite colours. He likes cats too, so your theme would be a hit with him!

MrsRV Tue 27-Jan-15 16:12:43

we have a huge age range, so most of them little ones but a few older boys 11, 8 & 5... hmmmm....

SomewhereIBelong Tue 27-Jan-15 16:19:09

give all the same - birthday girl's theme, same for all... the boys will have a giggle if they are anything like my family, and will pretend to be gruff about it, but will muck in not really care - especially if cake is involved... make a point of it - "ooooohhhh Grandad - a nice pink plate for you...." etc...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: