Advanced search

Grumpy after a nap

(5 Posts)
Taler Mon 19-Jan-15 17:30:28

Surely after a 2 hour nap a baby would b happy? Grumpiness I can understand before a nap but after??? And this seems to be happening a LOT?!??

And just to clarify she is waking up naturally each time.

Anyone else experience this?

HomeIsWhereTheHeartIs Mon 19-Jan-15 17:32:08

Yes, my 19mo DS 'recovers' much more quickly if I wake him after just one hour. I think he was having more sleep than he needed.

DotMcStuffins Mon 19-Jan-15 17:32:45

Yup, fine in the morning, but hysterical after daytime naps. I can't shed any light, I just go in armed with food now!

Davsmum Wed 21-Jan-15 10:14:01

My DS was terrible when he woke up - grumpy and would kick his legs and wouldn't be spoken to - I just let him get over it in his own time and did not react in any way - He would then settle down and come to me for a cuddle.

NickyEds Wed 21-Jan-15 11:03:34

My ds is a little delight after his morning nap and a little nightmare after his afternoon one, crying, throwing things (he's only 13 months) and general crabbyness. I let him wake naturally from both and thought he might need one long nap but he went nuclear with the grumpiness when I tried that. Now I just give him a cuddle on the sofa and let him watch a Bing Bunny with a snack to come roundblush.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now