Talk

Advanced search

Is my toddler sleeping too much?

(8 Posts)
curiousgeorgie Tue 30-Dec-14 09:43:03

My DD is 18 months, kind of walking, lots of bum shuffling and cruising.

She used to sleep from about 7.30/8 - 7 and have a nap from 1 - 3.

For the past week her sleep has really increased. Desperate for bed at 7.30, sleeps till 10am (at least, this is when I've managed to wake her.) then a nap at 1 because she can't keep her eyes open, and going to be again at 7.30 or 8.

Is this a phase or something to worry about?

She also has a bit of a cough and cold but not even enough to warrant regular calpol.

curiousgeorgie Tue 30-Dec-14 09:43:52

Sorry, I meant to say the nap at 1 has sometimes gone on till 5pm!

KittyandTeal Tue 30-Dec-14 09:47:05

Is she eating more?

Sounds like it could be a growth spurt coupled with feeling under the weather.

I'd leave her to sleep as long as she needs bit jealous as dd has never slept that well!

Frusso Tue 30-Dec-14 09:49:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

curiousgeorgie Tue 30-Dec-14 09:49:08

If anything, she's eating less.

Last night she didn't even have her milk before she fell asleep, and threw most of her dinner to the dog.

This is unusual - we call her the chunk usually because she loves her food so much and will eat anything..

FreeButtonBee Tue 30-Dec-14 09:50:57

Hmm, how long has it been going on for? If more than say 5 days I would take her to the doctor - off food and serious amounts of sleep doesn't sound like a great combo. It is v cold and I do find that tires toddlers out a lot but that would worry me (and I am not a natural run-to-doctor mum)

JoandMax Tue 30-Dec-14 09:54:50

As its been a week I would take her to the doctors for a quick check up - its not so much the amount of sleep but the sudden change in whats normal for her plus the lack of appetite.......

curiousgeorgie Tue 30-Dec-14 10:44:24

Okay, thanks.. I'll try and get an appointment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now