Advanced search

where to get help??

(3 Posts)
Newhere2 Fri 28-Mar-14 09:21:45

I think we are at the point where i need some help on behaviour issues. I'm tired and upset with how things have been for the past many months. My ds 9, is defiant, angry, verbally insulting and nothing I do seems to resolve the situation. Each morning is like a mission to get out of the house without crying (me that is).

On the positive side, he is well behaved at school and on playdates so it seems to be at home when he is most unable to control his emotions or express them appropriately.

I think I need some outside help.

Goldmandra Fri 28-Mar-14 09:52:29

You need to ask your GP for a referral to CAMHS.

You've said nothing about other aspects of your DS so I may well be wide of the mark but children with High Functioning Autism/Asperger's can mask their difficulties very effectively, behave like angels outside the home and then let all their anger and frustration out once they are home and feel safe.

Whether this is the reason or not, if his behaviour is abnormally extreme, you need to get to the bottom of it before he becomes a teenager.

Good luck

Newhere2 Fri 28-Mar-14 09:57:26

thanks Gold.

He has very high IQ, easily frustrated & bored but other issues already ruled out.

Exactly, I need to get it sorted before he gets too old.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: