Talk

Advanced search

Toddler bed to single bed

(6 Posts)
Coffee1Sugar Tue 30-Apr-13 17:37:26

When does this happen? Dd is 2.11 and still has loadsss of room in her lovely little toddler bed but at what point should I be buying a proper single bed? Reception?

LadyBigtoes Tue 30-Apr-13 17:42:10

Whenever she outgrows the little bed, or is desperate for a big one, or you want to for whatever reason. We put ours in big beds at around 2 but that was because the toddler bed wasn't very comfy for us to lie on while settling the/reading bedtime books etc, so bigger bed suited us ASAP. Dd now has a mattress on the floor (fit better as her room is in the eaves) and I can definitely recommend that, as they can't fall out far. smile

BikeRunSki Tue 30-Apr-13 17:49:31

DS went straight from cot to single bed at 20 months. He us very tall, and and didn't look like he'd last 2 minutes in a toddler bed before he outgrew it.

WhispersOfWickedness Tue 30-Apr-13 17:58:37

We went straight to a normal bed at 20ish months with both DC.dd is not that big either, but she is a bit of a climber so learnt to negotiate it safely pretty fast smile

LittleMissLucy Tue 30-Apr-13 18:04:40

I agree with waiting til she's getting too big for it. My very tall DD was 4 1/2 when I got her a single - in which she now looks very tiny!

whattodoo Tue 30-Apr-13 18:06:29

DD stayed in her cot bed until about 4.5, as she still fitted it and it was comfy for her.

We changed it when we got offered a fab 2nd hand cabin bed.

Otherwise she'd probably still be in the cit bed now!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: