Talk

Advanced search

3 year old party ideas?!

(3 Posts)
Coffee1Sugar Sat 06-Apr-13 11:39:30

Is two hours in the garden ok with about 8 other nursery children? I presume their parents will stay? I work full time and my mum takes dd to nursery so I don't know the parents but dd has had a few invites to parties and she wants one. I only have a small house/garden though!

jenduck Sat 06-Apr-13 12:11:50

It really depends on how small your house/garden is. You need to bear in mind that if all come there will be 9 children & potentially 18 adults, some parents may also need to bring younger/older DC if they have no other childcare. Parents would definitely stay at this age.

Then for 3 year-olds I would just have some normal toys out & a few garden toys (slide, ride-ons etc) if you have them & if weather is good.

Games are not really necessary at this age but if you want to do some pass the parcel is good, and I found treasure hunt (hiding a toy figure of DS's & assigning one for each child to find) to be a good ice-breaker at the start. Biscuit decorating also went down well, most sat at the table for about 20 minutes to do this. Also, some music (maybe a Cbeebies or similar CD?) to dance to works well.

Coffee1Sugar Sat 06-Apr-13 12:36:44

Thanks. My gardens probably 40ft mainly lawn. Biscuit decorating sounds good and will have all garden toys/ball pit out and will do a spread of party food for kids and adults.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now