Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

6 week old is teething, what can I give her?

(12 Posts)

Its so early but Im sure shes teething. She is drooling loads, wont sleep, is cranky, off her food, and bites down on DPs finger. He says her gums are rock hard.

I have read there is a remedy available called Nelsons teething granules. Are they suitable for a 6 week old? Are they effective?

Mynewmoniker Thu 27-Dec-12 20:05:29

There are teething toys that can be put in the freezer. Yummy.

I think they might be too big for her mouth. DD1 was a lot bigger when she started.

Right now she is biting her own fist.

TheHoHoHonlyWayisGerard Thu 27-Dec-12 20:15:25

I think I gave DD Ashton and Parsons powders at that age. Only thing that worked.

TeaandHobnobs Thu 27-Dec-12 20:28:38

The Nelsons box doesn't explicitly say from what age, but has some wishy-washy comment about being "from any age". They work on 8mo DS (teething since 4mo, still with no bloody teeth!) but only temporarily it seems.

We also use dentinox teething gel which is suitable from birth.

Thanks. I will try the dentinox first and then if it doesnt work try the others!

JingleJohnsJulie Fri 28-Dec-12 10:31:12

Some of my friends swear by teething necklaces, but never used one myself.

Rosa Fri 28-Dec-12 10:43:06

Another vote for teh powders Ashton and Parsons... Wosh I had had them with Dd1

Wheresmycaffeinedrip Fri 28-Dec-12 10:44:12

Dentinox teething gel is suitable from birth. (well it was when dd1 was a baby) smile

GaryBuseysTeeth Fri 28-Dec-12 10:48:44

Ashton & Parsons (or any teething granules) gets my vote.
DS was teething from about 4wks and that was one of the only things that worked.

I also wet & froze flannels for him to gum, the other that worked is when we finally gave in & let him have a dummy.

JingleJohnsJulie Fri 28-Dec-12 10:50:52

Forgot about Dentinox, absolutel life saver in this house.

She has a dummy which helps sometimes but shes never been that keen on it.

The cold flannel is a good idea, thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now