Talk

Advanced search

20mo pooing in the bath

(4 Posts)
ohbabybaby Sun 03-Jul-11 21:18:32

several times in the last 3 or 4 weeks. Even when he has pooed in his nappy not long beforehand. Have tried sitting him on the potty before the bath, but though I think he knows what the potty is for (pretends to strain, and also says 'psssss') he has never actually used it properly, and it hasn't made any difference.

Any ideas how to stop it? It is driving DH nuts (when I bath him it is super speedy so hardly ever happens!). This has coincided with new baby, but I don't think that would be why?

Thanks in advance!

Iggly Mon 04-Jul-11 09:55:24

Maybe the bath relaxes him?

Tell your DH to bathe him faster! grin

Jacinda Mon 04-Jul-11 10:17:28

At this age it's getting difficult for children to fully empty their bowels in the nappy as there's simply not enough space. My son didn't poo in the bath but had dirty nappy four times a day. I tried to pick up cues and sit him on the potty when he was about to poo. Worked in the end.

ohbabybaby Mon 04-Jul-11 20:06:37

Thanks, and that's a good point Jacinda, particularly as he is overdue a move up to the next nappy size. Will persevere with the potty too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now