Talk

Advanced search

Hair twiddling in nearly 2 year old

(5 Posts)
bunnybunyip Sun 09-Jan-11 09:02:40

This has just started; every morning DS wakes up with a big knot in his hair and we have to cut it our. Getting worried he will end up with a bald patch.
Anyone else had this problem and is there anything we can do to stop it? Is it a sign of stress do you think?

Species8472 Sun 09-Jan-11 16:03:35

Not sure it would be stress. DD (18m) has done this for a while; she has quite a lot of hair and tends to twiddle it when she's tired.

competitivemothering Sun 09-Jan-11 16:06:13

Mine does it when she's tired and often when she's shy too.

allnightlong Sun 09-Jan-11 16:11:45

LOL Read the title while I was twiddling my own hair.
I wouldn't say it's a sign of stress usually it's something thats done for self comfort (and habit) or when tired.
Being that your DS is doing it in bed it's possible he's in bed tired and twiddling his hair while falling asleep.
The only thing I could think of to deter would maybe to put him to bed a little earlier so he doesn't get over tired and start playing with his hair.

KnitterInTheNW Sun 09-Jan-11 17:48:51

I've been twiddling my hair since I grew hair. I'm nearly 36 now and have never had a bald spot, don't worry about it!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: