Talk

Advanced search

Casting Votes please!

(12 Posts)
ready2pop Thu 18-Jun-09 11:22:48

I'm 7 months pg with a girl and DH and I can't agree on a name. She will be sister to Frederick Alexander (Freddie).

DH wants to call her Beatrice Elizabeth - I like it but am worried about what Beatrice will be shortened to -I can't stand Beattie!

I like Georgia but DH says we can't have a Fred and a George - too Harry Potter!

So...what do you think ladies?

Any other suggestions welcome too - we seem to have got stuck on our respective faves and can't think of any others.

nigglewiggle Thu 18-Jun-09 11:31:43

I like Beatrice Elizabeth. Could be shortened to Bea.

Georgia is nice, but quite popular just now.

Elizabeth as a first name is classic and very flexible in terms of shortened versions - Betty, Beth, Lizzy etc

BlueChampagne Thu 18-Jun-09 12:07:29

I know a couple of Beas - age gap between them about 30 years. Or Georgia could be shortened to Gigi - HP reference won't be so obvious if one's a girl. But as you've asked for casting votes ... Gorgeous Georgia.

bluebump Thu 18-Jun-09 12:28:00

I know someone who just had a Beatrice Elizabeth! She is known as Bea.

missmem Thu 18-Jun-09 12:39:16

If you're going for the posh names you could have Constance, Claudia, Ursula, Portia. ;)

I actually like Bea and Beattie. Georgia sounds a bit chavvy imo.

MrsMattie Thu 18-Jun-09 13:59:50

Beatrice is far nicer than Georgia. It's a feminine, classic name. Georgia is a bit...tacky.

mrswoolf Thu 18-Jun-09 14:38:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thisisyesterday Thu 18-Jun-09 14:44:36

i love beatrice, much prefer it to georgia
but the HP link would never have occurred to me tbh, and i doubt it would to the vast majority of people.

i also think that if you always call her beatrice, (or shortenings that you like) then other people will too

pedalmonster Thu 18-Jun-09 14:54:03

I know an Elizabeth Bea - she is called Libby-Bea she is 6 and her brother calles her Ib-bee. My Aunt was beatrice and they called her Trixie, my mum used to call her trixie-belle.

londonlottie Thu 18-Jun-09 15:33:21

Message withdrawn

jellybeans Fri 19-Jun-09 11:07:25

Not keen on Beatrice and Georgia is very popular. How about..

Georgina
Josephine
Connie
Lucy
Tabitha

Bettymum Fri 19-Jun-09 12:05:32

Beatrice Elizabeth is lovely, she could be a Bea or BB. My sister had a friend called BB/Beebee, not sure what her full name actually was

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now