Talk

Advanced search

Lucinda - what do you all think........

(19 Posts)
anotherregularnamechanger Tue 19-Aug-08 18:24:12

I've name changed, as this is a thought for the distant future not now. My DC have quite unusual names, but am in a relationship with someone different now, and they don't like very different names.

They liked Lucy (sorry to any parents of Lucy's, or any Lucy's reading) but I don't - and it wouldn't really go with my other DC names. However I do like the name Lucinda - and they do to......

So - what do you think?

ForeverOptimistic Tue 19-Aug-08 18:26:09

I love Lucinda and Lucy. Inevitably Lucinda will be shortened to Lucy, does that bother you?

welovepinkmilk Tue 19-Aug-08 18:26:57

I like it, although you might get the same kind of shortened names as Lucy would, if that's a reason you don't like Lucy

rosealbie Tue 19-Aug-08 18:27:18

or shortened to Cindy?

I like the name Lucinda btw

anotherregularnamechanger Tue 19-Aug-08 18:34:41

don't mind it being shortened to Lucy (or variations of) - just don't like Lucy as the name (if that makes sense?)

paolosgirl Tue 19-Aug-08 18:38:54

I love Lucinda and Luci/y

pagwatch Tue 19-Aug-08 18:39:58

my friend is Lucinda. She tends to be called Lu. She is very beautiful, elegant and kind. So i am biased.

CountessDracula Tue 19-Aug-08 18:43:04

S'ok
The only Lucinda I know well is called by a shortened version of her surname so it doesn't necessarily follow that she will be called Lucy or Lou

ShinyPinkShoes Tue 19-Aug-08 18:44:53

Lucinda/Lucie are both lovely

FAQ Tue 19-Aug-08 18:47:14

the problem is trying to find a name that goes with my DC names, but that my new partner likes - not going to happen for a few years yet - want my youngest at nursery - or even school - before I think about it seriously - but no harm in thinking of names now is there?? smile

FAQ Tue 19-Aug-08 18:48:17

and I really should give up on trying to change my name for certain threads - it always back fires as I forget to change back after posting on other ones blush

<<<<<<<<wipes yet another anon name change off her list>>>>>>>

MaryAnnSingleton Tue 19-Aug-08 18:48:20

Lucinda is nice,and Lucy is sweet...

mrsgboring Tue 19-Aug-08 18:54:25

I love Lucinda. Less keen on Lucy as a name, because it sounds like it ought to be short for Lucinda. They are both pretty and pink and sweet names to my mind.

loobylu3 Tue 19-Aug-08 19:07:36

I am Lucy and I have always liked my name. I think it is classic and has been popular for generations, which is generally a good thing.
Lucinda is also v pretty and a little more feminine.

What are your other DC's names?

Mummyfor3 Tue 19-Aug-08 19:09:17

Love it lots

FAQ Tue 19-Aug-08 19:10:28

well seen as though I outed myself by forgetting to change names I may as well put the DS's names (if I'd managed to stay anon then I wouldn't have done as that would have outed me)

DS's are Tafara, Tongai and Takunda

Stars22 Tue 19-Aug-08 19:50:44

I know 2 Lucindas, one is a woman and she gets shortened to Lu. The other is a teenager and she is Luci.

mrsgboring Tue 19-Aug-08 20:04:29

I think Lucinda goes well with your DSs' names, FAQ. Also, she will be able to call herself "Cinders" when she is a teenager and feeling martyred at being asked to put her shoes away.

ForeverOptimistic Tue 19-Aug-08 20:15:48

I see what you mean. Lucinda would go well with your dss' names but Lucy on its own would sound a bit random. Would you not like another name beginning with T? I think Tabitha or Tamatha would go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now