Page 2 | Eve or Rose

(35 Posts)
danascully96 Mon 22-Nov-21 06:46:27

Which do you prefer for a girl?

OP’s posts: |
IamnotwhouthinkIam Mon 22-Nov-21 20:49:04

Tough one - both simple, elegant and gorgeous imo . Rose might be a touch more classic and romantic sounding but I'd give the edge to Eve - it's one of the the most underused of the "Ev" names (so I definitely wouldn't use very popular Evie, Eva or Evelyn if you like Eve as much), plus has a kind of cool "vibe" too as it's a palindrome and used in a lot of Sci- Fi/Fantasy novels and films (because it means "life" and Eve is thought of as the first woman etc).

Luredbyapomegranate Mon 22-Nov-21 22:22:32

Both lovely - I’d go for Rose because Eve and ALL its variations are way overdone.

Mind you Rose/Rosie and Rosa are way overused too, so if you could go for a less common variation eg Rosanna, Rosemary.. I would

JollyJoon Mon 22-Nov-21 22:25:49

Love both. How refreshing to see some non drippy girls names on here.

azimuth299 Tue 23-Nov-21 23:27:18

They are both lovely but they are also both REALLY popular at the moment!

Heartdogs Tue 23-Nov-21 23:50:52

Either. Both are beautiful. I prefer Rose. I love all names with Rose in them. Roseanna, Roseanne, Rosalind, Rosemary, Rosie. Beautiful!

bowhair Wed 24-Nov-21 06:20:41

I find Rose such a lovely name.

Advertisement

Elisemum Wed 24-Nov-21 09:22:33

Both are lovely, you can’t go wrong here.
They are popular so what? Nothing wrong with that. Much prefer a “popular” rose and eve than some made up wanna be cool names

MonsteraDeliciosa Sat 27-Nov-21 00:14:29

What could be more beautiful than a rose 🌹?

Honkytonkyhonky Sat 27-Nov-21 00:20:07

I love them both-both classic strong names
Eva is just gorgeous too but I work with one and the poor lass is always having to say ‘it’s Eva not Ava’
I’d keep that in mind

BeKindBeYou Sat 27-Nov-21 13:16:58

Rose 😍

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in