Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

Final Top 3 Names

(30 Posts)
FairyFantastic Sun 25-Feb-18 02:54:10

Violet Darcy
Adelaide Violet Darcy
Elizabeth Violet Darcy (too Pride and Prejudice?)

Our final contenders. Pic your fave, or put them in order. Violet has to be somewhere, at the moment Darcy does too though that may change. Surname 2 syllables or possibly 4 if we choose to hyphenate. Thanks x

SuperBeagle Sun 25-Feb-18 03:00:58

Violet.

I really don't like Darcy though. Violet Elizabeth would be perfect.

Ginandplatonic Sun 25-Feb-18 03:01:02

Elizabeth is my favourite in isolation. And the combo sounds nice. My first thought was too P&P, but really she's rarely going to say her full name, and when writing it many forms only have room for one middle anyway. I think it's fine.

Sophronia Sun 25-Feb-18 05:18:42

Adelaide Violet. Not keen on Darcy.

Perfectnight Sun 25-Feb-18 05:24:43

Only like Elizabeth

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sun 25-Feb-18 06:34:52

Elizabeth but drop the Darcy

BertrandRussell Sun 25-Feb-18 06:36:22

Elizabeth Violet

(People don’t still read Just William, do they?)

IggyAce Sun 25-Feb-18 06:45:59

Adelaide Violet. Will say there is the possibility of Adelaide been the name chosen for the royal baby. If that would bother you I would go with Violet Adelaide.

17caterpillars1mouse Sun 25-Feb-18 07:12:37

Adelaide Violet Darcy would be my choice. I just think Adelaide is a beautiful underused name with plenty of nn options

I'm heading Violet alot recently and it is pretty but I'm just not feeling it. i really loved it a few years ago before it took off but popularity always takes the shine off girls names for me. Boys names not so
Much

I dont mind Elizabeth but prefer the simplicity of Eliza

PinkBeetroot Sun 25-Feb-18 07:23:31

I think they are all lovely names, unusual but not too wacky... just don’t go for Violet Elizabeth. Reminds me of Violet Elizabeth Bott from Just William!

ChocolateCrunch Sun 25-Feb-18 07:39:25

Violet Adelaide or Violet Eliza as pp suggested. Not keen on Darcy at all, and Violet Elizabeth reminds me of Just William.

Footle Sun 25-Feb-18 07:50:59

I'll thcream and thrcream till I'm thick.

Xmasfairy86 Sun 25-Feb-18 07:55:55

Darcy Violet flows better I think

Beanteam Sun 25-Feb-18 07:58:13

I would choose Elizabeth.
No middle name. E has so many options DD can choose what she likes- Beth, Eliza, Liz, lizabette, Betty, Zabi ...... maybe not.

CPtart Sun 25-Feb-18 08:16:51

Love Elizabeth. Not keen on Violet. Drop the Darcy completely.

MaryPoppinsStoleMyHandbag Sun 25-Feb-18 08:21:36

Darcy doesn’t sound right with any of those name combinations imo. Elizabeth Violet or Violet Elizabeth would be my choices from your options.

Callamia Sun 25-Feb-18 08:22:32

I think you’re using Violet and Darcey to honour others aren’t you?

In which case, choose the order that you like best - I like Elizabeth (I like Elisabeth even more), and E V D sounds good.

Don’t D-B if you can help it though - it’ll make it go from something rather lovely to a terribly fussy name.

AdaColeman Sun 25-Feb-18 08:27:56

Adelaide Violet (drop Darcy)

MollyHuaCha Sun 25-Feb-18 08:50:05

Elizabeth Violet/Violet Elizabeth makes me think of this little girl.

Sugarpiehoneyeye Sun 25-Feb-18 09:55:07

Adelaide Violet Darcy.

Justanotherzombie Sun 25-Feb-18 09:56:17

Elizabeth Violet is nice. Darcy is awful unless it's your last name?

MikeUniformMike Sun 25-Feb-18 09:58:28

Elizabeth Violet is nice. Darcy is awful. Not keen on Violet as a first name. Adelaide is a city in Australia. Sydney is nicer.

Snowysky20009 Sun 25-Feb-18 14:59:30

I know 8 violets in the last 12 months!

bridgetreilly Sun 25-Feb-18 15:19:35

Definitely not Violet Elizabeth! She'll thcream and thcream and thcream until she's thick.

Elizabeth Violet is lovely. Or Violet Darcy is okay, though I'm not a huge fan of Darcy. You can't have Elizabeth and Darcy!

tillyluce Sun 25-Feb-18 16:28:59

I wouldn't post on here if you're thinking of using 2 middle names! Just be prepared to be accused of 101 different things lol.

If Violet and Darcy are family names that you want to include then I'd use them. You'll speak to many people with 2 MNs who have never had a problem come from it. Darcy also isn't a name that's liked on here but who cares? Especially if it's a family name and middle! I'd also keep them as the 2 NN and use a name of your choice as the first name. Violet Darcy or Darcy Violet work well together.

Elizabeth Violet Darcy works well but I much prefer Adelaide, personally. Adelaide Violet Darcy or Adelaide Darcy Violet would GMV!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: