Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Jackson baby name help!

(13 Posts)
oliviaxoxo Sun 08-Oct-17 22:52:34

So I'm expecting my second baby boy our first is called Noah and we wanna name our second Jackson only trouble is my bestfriends little boy is called Jack there's not really any other names I like and I've loved Jackson for the longest time long before her little one was born and I don't intend on Jackson having Jack as a nickname he'd be Jackson or JJ (his middle name will be James) can I do this? sounds so silly asking but I know how personal some people get over baby names

C0untDucku1a Sun 08-Oct-17 22:54:46

Of course its fine

Sophronia Sun 08-Oct-17 22:55:47

I think it’s fine

FindTheLightSwitchDarren Mon 09-Oct-17 11:20:12

Totally fine! Jacks are everywhere ime. It would be hard not to know someone with a little Jack tbh.

Jackson is nice. That's also the nicest spelling by far.

StevieNicksRhiannon Mon 09-Oct-17 11:31:17

Jackson James combines really nicely, OP. smile

And "JJ" as a nickname's also cool: I know a couple of "AJ"s and a "PJ", who are all great boys, so admittedly may be a bit biased).

StevieNicksRhiannon Mon 09-Oct-17 11:34:24

^ Plus I'm sure your best friend would've known about your liking of Jackson for a son's name, if it's always been the case, so must've known the risk?

Annabelle4 Mon 09-Oct-17 11:37:00

I know a toddler called Jaxon smile

I think that's fine.
It would probably be different if it was close family, but even then it's a different name

gunsandbanjos Mon 09-Oct-17 21:50:38

Please, please use the Jackson spelling though!

MikeUniformMike Mon 09-Oct-17 21:54:20

Jack and James have the same meaning.

nooka Tue 10-Oct-17 05:19:46

Jack is a diminutive of John and James is a form of Jacob. They are both Hebrew in origin but not the same name (Jacob means the supplanter where John means god is gracious). Not sure if the meanings are important to the OP anyway - Jackson means son of Jack and she's not mentioned the name of her partner, but I don't suppose he is a Jack.

To answer the OP's question I think if you are planning to call your son JJ then it's not an issue at all.

Coey2016 Tue 10-Oct-17 10:45:26

I think that's totally fine

MikeUniformMike Tue 10-Oct-17 22:52:09

Jack can be a diminutive of John but it is the anglicised form of Jacques, which is James.
Jacqueline is the feminine form of James.

Lozmatoz Wed 11-Oct-17 07:47:15

He’s your baby, you can cal him whatever you want! Go for Jackson.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now