Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

From Charles/Charlie to...

(17 Posts)
CocoPorridge Mon 20-Feb-17 09:00:56

I was born Charles Michael. I've been known as Charlie my entire life. I'm now transitioning to become a woman and would like a new name. I don't wish to be known as Charlie as although it is a unisex name, I'd like something "new" for my new life. However I was name after my grandfater, Charles Michael and my dad is Michael Charles so the two names have sentimental value.

The most obvious choice is Charlotte Michelle but my younger sister is Michelle Charlotte.

What can you suggest please?

Fabellini Mon 20-Feb-17 09:07:46

Michaela, or Charlene? or change completely....your dad and your sister both have names for your grandfather....what about your grandmother? Maybe you could have her name....or a derivative? So if she was (or is, she could still be on the go for all I know!) Elizabeth, you could have Elise, iykwim?

Awwlookatmybabyspider Mon 20-Feb-17 09:08:23

Charlene Micheala
Micheala Charlene

Sugarpiehoneyeye Mon 20-Feb-17 10:21:33

Charlize Mischa
Charisse Mikki

Sugarpiehoneyeye Mon 20-Feb-17 10:24:05

Hope all goes well OP, you're nearly there, how fabulous for you !
Here's wishing you a very happy new life. πŸΎπŸ’
Make sure you pick the name that YOU like.

twobarnsmammisonthebus Mon 20-Feb-17 10:24:13

Cara Michaela

NuffSaidSam Mon 20-Feb-17 10:47:56

You could keep Charlie as a middle name. Or use Michael as a double-barrel with your surname, so you could be e.g. Elizabeth Jane Michael-Smith. Then choose a name that you love/means something to you as a first name.

You could take your Great Grandmother's name i.e. your Grandfather's mother. Or your own Grandmother's name. It seems like there are enough people named after your Grandfather! Or any other family name, maybe your mum?

babyinthacorner Mon 20-Feb-17 10:55:52

Congratulations!
My son is Charlie Michael 😊

I think Charlotte Michelle if your sister is Michelle Charlotte is lovely!

Charlize? Carla? Micheline? Mica (Meesha)?

elQuintoConyo Mon 20-Feb-17 10:56:56

Oooh Cara is pretty smile or Carla/Clara?

Something like Cara Mischa.

Or the names of your grandmother as mentioned is a lovely idea too.

My cousin changed from James to Jasmine and it was a long and difficult journey flowers

KlingybunFistelvase Mon 20-Feb-17 10:57:32

Clara or Carly maybe? Or just change it completely to something completely different.

KlingybunFistelvase Mon 20-Feb-17 10:58:10

X post elquinto

Sophronia Mon 20-Feb-17 11:28:15

Carlotta
Carla
Cara
Charlize
Caroline
Carolina
Charla

Michelle
Michaela
Mischa
Micha
Misha
Micheline
Michelina

KanyeWesticle Mon 20-Feb-17 11:41:39

Perhaps something from your mother or grandmother's side?

pieceofpurplesky Mon 20-Feb-17 11:46:02

Shelly?
Shelby?

Sugarpiehoneyeye Mon 20-Feb-17 12:38:38

Charlton Micah

GirlOverboard Mon 20-Feb-17 13:17:18

Lottie, Carly, Michaela, Shelley, Chiara, Charis, Charity, Misha, Charli, Mia, Caroline, Carla, Carol...

I think Carly would be my pick, I love that name. But you could of course just choose something entirely new and keep the other two names as middle names.

MrsMeeseeks Mon 20-Feb-17 13:18:53

Charlotte.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now