Talk

Advanced search

What names go with...?

(13 Posts)
WednesdayRebel Mon 06-Jul-15 02:12:35

We've got an 18mo named Jemima Rose and another girl on the way.

We're a bit stuck on names so looking for some advice on the following, or suggestions for other names that work with Jemima:

Matilda
Annabel
Abigail
Camille

manicinsomniac Mon 06-Jul-15 03:44:29

I think they all go well with Jemima and love the first three. Less keen on Camille.

I know Jemimas with sisters called:
Florence
Daisy
Camilla
Josephina
Genevieve
Charlotte
Rebecca (though think that's a bit of an unfortunate pair - quack quack!)

Alternatively:
Arabella, Amelia, Alicia, Alexandra, Aurora, Bryony, Beatrice, Bethany, Clarissa, Cassandra, Cordelia, Constance, Delilah, Dorothy, Daphne, Elizabeth, Erica, Esther, Evangeline, Francesca, Felicity, Georgina, Gabriella, Hannah, Hermione, Harmony, Harriet, Henrietta, Hester, Isabelle, Isabella, Imogen, Joanna, Juliette, Katherine, Lucinda, Lydia, Larissa, Leona, Lorelai, Lavinia, Leandra, Melissa, Miranda, Madeleine, Miriam, Margaret, Marianna, Natasha, Natalie, Natalia, Naomi, Olivia, Ophelia, Philippa, Penelope, Rosalie, Rosanna, Rosemary, Serena, Saskia, Sabrina, Sophia, Samantha, Stephanie, Sorrell, Tabitha, Tallulah, Victoria, Vanessa, Violet, Vivienne, Veronica, Xanthe, Zara

Zakken Mon 06-Jul-15 09:44:02

Anything that doesn't feature in a Beatrix Potter tale. smile That's all you need to avoid.

Lunastarfish Mon 06-Jul-15 09:46:35

I think your choices all go well but other choices:-

Felicity
Clementine
Tabitha
Violet
Arabella

Iliveinalighthousewith2friendl Mon 06-Jul-15 10:12:09

Florence
Julianne
Matilda
Rosalind
Samantha

Zakken Mon 06-Jul-15 10:28:55

Not Tabitha! FFS.

Wishful80sMontage Mon 06-Jul-15 10:30:22

I love Camille it's so underused and beautiful I really don't know why it's not more popular. They sound lovely as a sibling set smile

manicinsomniac Mon 06-Jul-15 10:50:09

What's wrong with Tabitha??

sparklesandfizz Mon 06-Jul-15 10:59:43

Tabitha twitchett & jemima puddleduck - a bit Beatrix potter heavy!

Sophronia Mon 06-Jul-15 11:13:06

Claudia?

silverglitterpisser Mon 06-Jul-15 11:21:10

Love Matilda smile

florascotia Mon 06-Jul-15 12:40:32

Martha, Keziah, Susannah, Damaris, Helena, Selina, Rosalind ...

Prefer Camilla (the original Latin version) to Camille (unless you are French, of course) - in the UK, there can be pronounciation issues: Cam-eel? Cam-ill? Cam-ee-yuh ? Cam-ill-uh? etc etc

MamaLazarou Mon 06-Jul-15 17:42:55

I love Camille and Camilla.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now