Talk

Advanced search

Lottie

(15 Posts)
sticklebrickstickle Mon 09-Feb-15 19:17:51

I love the name Lottie but I'm not sure it holds up as a name in it's own right and I'm just not that keen on Charlotte (I went to school with a Charlotte who was a bit of a bully and it always makes me think of her).

Are there any other names for which Lottie would make a good nn? I was thinking maybe Scarlett or Ottolie, both of which I like, but just wondering if there are any others I haven't come up with yet?

BikeRunSki Mon 09-Feb-15 19:24:41

There's Lotte too - I think it is Scandanavian (deliberat vague here) and is pronounced "Lotta".

Scarlett and Ottolie are a bit tenuous.

I also don't like Charlotte but love Lottie.

BikeRunSki Mon 09-Feb-15 19:27:57

Loretta
Carlotta
Lorellei
Laura
Laurie/Lori
Lowry

ZenNudist Mon 09-Feb-15 19:50:19

There's a Lottie at school, aged 5. The parents didn't want a Charlotte so they named her what they planned to call her. There's always going to be the people who think you should have a long name as well but I think manufacturing a long name just to get to a nick name is just as bizarre.

Do you like otillie? Scarlett isn't a great name and not an obvious name to get lottie from.

Personally I like Charlotte. You can't go too wrong with it. It's classic. Then you can use Lottie all you want.

shakemysilliesout Mon 09-Feb-15 20:00:07

I like Charlotte and lottie, but I love carlotta which u can legit turn to lottie.

Theselittlelightsofmine Mon 09-Feb-15 20:03:57

If you like Lottie then stick with Lottie. why give her a name you are not too keen on just to nickname her the name you want to call her.

Persipan Mon 09-Feb-15 21:45:20

Liselotte (like the mum in 'Lottie and Lisa', the book 'The Parent Trap' was based on)?

fattycow Mon 09-Feb-15 21:51:27

I like Lottie on its own!

Leeds2 Mon 09-Feb-15 22:09:17

Lottie is fine as a name in its own right.

SanityClause Mon 09-Feb-15 22:13:19

I know a Charlotte, who is never called anything other than Lottie. It's only by coincidence that I even know this is her real name.

I loved Lottie and Lisa when I was a child. Liselotte would be a great choice!

Sophronia Mon 09-Feb-15 22:31:45

Lieselotte / Liselotte or Carlotta.

reuset Tue 10-Feb-15 01:37:17

Ottilie works for Lottie. Also Ottoline or Ottilia. Ottie is one, not uncommon, shortening for those. Not too much of a stretch then to get Lottie.

itssangriaoclock Tue 10-Feb-15 12:32:18

If you like Lottie then her name is Lottie. Don't use a name you don't like. I know a Lotta, who gets called both x

SunnyBaudelaire Tue 10-Feb-15 12:35:30

Lottie is a great name.and so is Carlotta

Fatstacks Tue 10-Feb-15 12:39:30

I love Loretta.
My old colleague had a daughter called Lottie short for Loretta and the name suited her beautifully.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: