Talk

Advanced search

Middle name for Celia/Cecilia

(19 Posts)
LouaLou12 Thu 27-Mar-14 13:16:38

Hi all

Just posted on whether to chose Celia or Cecilia, so still up in there air there. I was going to wait until we had made a decision before asking about middle name but thought I may as well ask both now!

I want her middle name to be after one of my grandmothers.. Blythe and Emma. I immediately ruled out Emma due to the double A sound (CeliA EmmA) but a few days ago my DH had the idea of simply having Em as a middle name. Robinson is surname...So Celia/Cecilia Em Robinson? What do you think of just "Em"? I didn't like it at all at first but it is really growing on me.

I like Blythe also and had really settled on it so am not torn.

ClareaBear Thu 27-Mar-14 13:19:54

I love Em!! I actually knew a girl called Harley Em and always thought it was a bit edgy and cool. Blythe is nice too but I love Celia Em

Quangle Thu 27-Mar-14 13:27:54

Both family names for us so I love it. I toyed with Emmeline as a middle name which I still love. It has the added advantage of having a Hot Chocolate track to go with it grin

hunreeeal Thu 27-Mar-14 13:31:45

I don't like Em on its own. Cecilia Blythe is nice smile

uvavu Thu 27-Mar-14 14:41:14

It's sounds like you're not sure of her surname

"Celia ermmmmm....Robinson"

Blythe is much better.

goodiegoodieyumyum Thu 27-Mar-14 14:58:53

Why not have two middle names Cecilia Blythe Emma Robinson, my dd also Cecilia has two both sctually end with a, I have never even realised this before, both Hreat grandmothers names.

DramaAlpaca Thu 27-Mar-14 15:06:27

I like goodie's idea above.

I don't think Em works, sorry.

Also, Cecilia is much nicer than Celia IMO.

squoosh Thu 27-Mar-14 15:12:09

Blythe is lovely!

minipie Thu 27-Mar-14 15:16:31

Cecilia Em sounds like Cecilia M. She'll always get asked "yes but what does the M stand for" and have to explain... could get tedious

I love Blythe, in fact if we have another DD I had already decided she would be Cecily Blythe yet to convince DH but it's only a matter of time so you have very very similar tastes to me!

oldbutnotpastit Thu 27-Mar-14 17:00:31

www.britishbabynames.com/blog/1911-census-cecilia-cecily-celia.html
this might give you some inspiration

Marcipex Thu 27-Mar-14 17:16:35

Celia/Cecilia Blythe is lovely. I think Cecily Blythe is even prettier.
Also has a nice meaning.

Imsosorryalan Thu 27-Mar-14 17:21:08

Grace goes well

guineapig2014 Thu 27-Mar-14 17:22:33

Tessa
Elizabeth
Méabh
Anna

pinkgirlythoughts Thu 27-Mar-14 18:44:28

Ooh Cecilia Blyth (no e) was on my list if DS had been a girl! Also love Cecily Blyth, but DH less keen.

Koothrapanties Thu 27-Mar-14 18:46:11

Rose?

PippityPip Thu 27-Mar-14 21:28:02

Blythe smile I can think of a few others that would be nice but since you definitely want to go for one of your grandmother's names I'd say Blythe. I think Em is nice too though!

Applefallingfromthetree2 Thu 27-Mar-14 21:38:30

Cecilia Blythe sounds lovely, classic but with a modern twist. Very original and stylish.

Fozzleyplum Thu 27-Mar-14 21:44:12

Love the name Cecilia (and she can shorten it to Celia if she wants to). Blythe for the middle name is definitely the best sounding combination.

mathanxiety Fri 28-Mar-14 03:34:26

Cecelia Emmeline?

I love Cecelia Blythe. Also Cicely Blythe and Cecily Blythe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now