(20 Posts)
Elderberries Fri 09-Sep-11 13:16:15

Elliot
Laurie
Robin

What do you like?

Kayano Fri 09-Sep-11 13:29:28

Elliot

I hate Robin and have seen it a lot more recently... I just can't get away with it

Elderberries Fri 09-Sep-11 13:29:59

Really appreciate some feedback as due now.

Kayano Fri 09-Sep-11 13:31:52

Like right now? Are you in labour? breathe

Elderberries Fri 09-Sep-11 13:33:27

Not right now...but any day (I hope ; )

brodanbell Fri 09-Sep-11 13:56:26

Elliot is the best. I find Laurie a bit too feminine, and also Robin. I like Robyn for a girl, but not Robin for a boy.

Cereal Fri 09-Sep-11 15:31:41

Elliot

LetThereBeRock Fri 09-Sep-11 15:36:50

Robin and Laurie. Elliot is horrid.

BikeRunSki Fri 09-Sep-11 15:38:34

Are you having a boy or a girl, or have you deliberately chosen unisex names?

Elderberries Fri 09-Sep-11 15:49:45

Having a boy. I just like the names.

Laurie Lee - loved cider with Rosie
Robin - always associated it with boys (Two of friends husbands are called Robin).
Elliot - historically a male name. Quite a Jewish name according to my mother.

It seems that any of the softer sounding male names are being appropriated by girls these days.

Truffleshuffler Fri 09-Sep-11 15:53:24

I like Elliot

CurwySwide Fri 09-Sep-11 16:16:00

Laurie as in Little Women. Love it and have done so since reading the book as a teenager. Could be short for Laurence too which is also lovely.

Don't really like Robin or Elliot, but if I had to choose I would go for Elliot.

Love Laurie - dd1 would have been it, had she been ds.
Love Robin
Don't like Elliot.

Quenelle Fri 09-Sep-11 17:15:14

I like Laurie. Don't like the others. DH suggested Elliott for our list but I vetoed.

Good luck with the birth smile

BedHog Fri 09-Sep-11 17:24:37

I like Laurie, but not Laurent/Laurence. It's on my shortlist too.
Eli is a good nn, but I prefer Elias or Elijah.
Robyn I like as a girls name, not so keen on the boys version, mainly because of Robins I've known.

faverolles Fri 09-Sep-11 17:26:44

I love Robin. Not so keen on the others.

Elderberries Fri 09-Sep-11 17:47:22

Thank you. I'm quite pleased that there are some fans of Laurie out there. DH vetoed it for first child but has come round a bit. I think it is a shortened form of Laurence - which I do like but was the name of my cousin who died tragically (Laurence has to much weight for me).

Gluttondressedaslamb Fri 09-Sep-11 18:02:59

Elliot is a nice masculine name, Robin and Laurie sound fine for a small boy but somehow lack a bit of punch for a grown man IYSWIM

Cereal Fri 09-Sep-11 18:38:21

I think people are likely to ask you if Laurie is short for Laurence. Would that be a problem for you?

MultipleSoManyPapercuts Fri 09-Sep-11 19:05:42

Love elliot, wanted it for this one but DH vetoed it sad

Laurie is good to, always reminds me of Fry and Laurie, which I know is their surnames but it makes Laurie masculine for me

Not a fan of Robin, love it for a little boy but not sure how well it works for an adult? This might just be cos I've never met a grown up Robin.

Hth

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now