Talk

Advanced search

Sorry for second time but we're running out of time

(34 Posts)
PrincessScrumpy Mon 22-Aug-11 11:43:35

dtds are due in less than 2 weeks. dd1 is Lydia Victoria, twin 1 will be Heidi Matilda and twin two is the one we're struggling with. We're torn between Kitty Alice or Alice Kitty. It would be Kitty (from the 16th century) NOT Catherine etc as it is a family name.

Basically, we feel Alice is a safe name no-one will object to, Kitty will raise eyebrows (esp on dh side - my side I would hope will like it due to family connection.). I've met a few Alices but no Kittys - thought I know they exist on here.

Help me make a decision, please!

cheesesarnie Mon 22-Aug-11 11:46:15

ds2 has a kitty in his class.its a lovely name.and if its a family name,dont even think about what others think!
congratulations btw!

PrincessScrumpy Mon 22-Aug-11 11:50:30

Thank you.

theworldspins Mon 22-Aug-11 11:54:04

Kitty Alice I really like.

I've seen too many people calling DD Alice over the last few years - and it'll probably get more popular.

Ephiny Mon 22-Aug-11 11:54:34

I like Kitty - generally not a fan of full names that sound like nicknames, but I think Kitty (like Kate) works well as a name in its own right, and I can imagine it for an adult woman as well as a little girl. It's a fairly well known name - why would it raise eyebrows?

Lydia and Kitty/Catherine are the two younger sisters in Pride and Prejudice, so people might think that was your inspiration, but that's not necessarily an awful thing smile

SoupDragon Mon 22-Aug-11 11:54:48

Alice Kitty flows better.

tethersend Mon 22-Aug-11 11:55:17

Kitty Alice.

lockets Mon 22-Aug-11 13:20:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LetThereBeRock Mon 22-Aug-11 13:31:34

Definitely Alice. Alice is lovely.Kitty might be ok as a middle name,but is a ridiculous first name imho.

benne81 Mon 22-Aug-11 15:55:49

Alice Kitty (but just because I know a cat called kitty). Personally I also think when she is an adult Alice will sound better than Kitty, but that is just my opinion. If its a family name and you love it though just go for it though- its not that odd and a nice name.

CurwySwide Mon 22-Aug-11 16:18:45

Kitty definitely - just lovely. Alice is pretty but a bit safe, as you say.

sleepyhappymummy Mon 22-Aug-11 16:20:31

Definitely Kitty Alice for me, we almost called our girl twin Kitty, it's a great name!

birdofthenorth Mon 22-Aug-11 16:27:29

Kitty Alice. Gorgeous.

cakeismysaviour Mon 22-Aug-11 16:35:00

I think I prefer Kitty Alice.

Thumbwitch Mon 22-Aug-11 16:38:09

Lydia, Heidi and Kitty
Lydia, Heidi and Alice

hmmmmmmm - not sure!

Heidi and Kitty both end in an ee sound, so depending on how you feel about it, that might help you choose?

Of the two names, I think I prefer Kitty. But it's a tough choice. Perhaps wait until she pops out and decide then?

Ephiny Mon 22-Aug-11 16:44:22

Oh I completely missed that it's twins and there's going to be a Heidi as well! I think generally rhyming or too-similar names for twins is not a good idea, Kitty and Heidi are not that similar-sounding though, it would be a matter of opinion whether the two y/i sounds are too much...

PrincessScrumpy Mon 22-Aug-11 16:47:46

We did think about the y/i sound but as they're individuals how often would I actually call them in order?

Thumbwitch Mon 22-Aug-11 16:49:18

Umm, well, my mum used to call all 3 of us down by name for dinner etc.; and whenever you introduce them to people you will be saying all their names together. Just two examples, sure there would be more!

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 22-Aug-11 16:52:58

Kitty Alice. Alice is ok but a bit dull imho. Kitty is really pretty and unusual without being crazy

sjuperwolef Mon 22-Aug-11 16:57:34

my mum used to shout 'yous two' to my sis and i so dont think the y/i is an issue personally, and i bloody love kitty alice grin for some reason kitty actually sounds more like a womans name than alice, alice sounds like the sort of first name you'd wish you didnt have by age 8, too babyish imho.

kitty alice gets my vote smile

lunarmooner Mon 22-Aug-11 22:47:57

Kitty Alice... I like both, but I feel like this is the one you like the best, and you need to be brave! smile

ChippingIn Mon 22-Aug-11 22:58:25

Kitty Alice - no contest smile

Congratulations smile

<Do you have any boys names JIC?>

deste Mon 22-Aug-11 23:04:22

I have a friend who has a 16 year old kitty and it's lovely. She loves her name.

Baffledandbewildered Mon 22-Aug-11 23:13:14

Kitty Alice is yummy go for it. Congrats And good luck x

PrincessScrumpy Tue 23-Aug-11 17:45:05

Definitely 2 girls - they're Identical and I've been having fortnightly scans due to high risk twin pg so they've checked 4 times for me now. Boys were easy, would have been Will and Finn (dh and I could only agree on these names for boys!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now