Talk

Advanced search

help mmm what do you think....

(10 Posts)
lynn7300 Thu 18-Aug-11 12:17:05

we are expecting another little boy in a few days time i already have one called lewis and we both like the name ellis for his brother but concerned it sounds too similar to lewis.....what do you think......

rachel234 Thu 18-Aug-11 12:18:32

I think Lewis and Ellis sound different enough, because the emphasis is on the first syllable. I think they go well together actually.

rushofbloodtothefeet Thu 18-Aug-11 12:21:37

I think they do sound a bit too similar. Also Ellis is a girls name to my ears.

Would Elliot or Elias work?

lynn7300 Thu 18-Aug-11 12:22:56

my other have is pushing for elliot but i keep thinking of et!!

SoupDragon Thu 18-Aug-11 12:23:24

I thnk they sound too similar. Whether this is a problem though, is up to you.

SoupDragon Thu 18-Aug-11 12:24:08

I've know a few Elliots and have never thought of ET (and I am old enough grin)

Ephiny Thu 18-Aug-11 12:47:46

They are a bit similar - I'd probably go for Elliot for that reason, and as I think it's a nicer name anyway! Ellis does sound a bit feminine to me as well, not sure why as I've never heard it used for a girl, maybe a bit close to Elise or something?

littlewish Thu 18-Aug-11 12:56:31

My DS1's name is Thomas Elliot. Ilove it. Someone once said he sounds like a poet!

benne81 Fri 19-Aug-11 14:31:55

to similar for my liking - sorry

Ellis is lovely but I do think it's too similar to Lewis tbh. I'm not so fond of Elliot though - I think it's a 'harder' sounding name than Lewis or Ellis. Elias is gorgeous but again too similar imho.

Thomas Sterns Eliot = v v famous poet, LittleWish. So your son is walking in famous footsteps! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now