Talk

Advanced search

Hubby has actually had some input!

(14 Posts)
MrsRV Sat 16-Jul-11 09:04:05

ok so hubby is golf mad and suggested the boys name Seve (pronounced Sevee), name of a famous golfer who recently died. He was just joking at first but we both now really like it!! Have I gone mad with enthusiasm just because he's actually made a suggestion???? And also, what would u have as a middle name, our surname begins with a V and ends ie... So it sounds a bit too samey?

mopsyflopsy Sat 16-Jul-11 09:54:08

Wasn't his full name Severiano? Seve seems like a nickname.

MrsRV Sat 16-Jul-11 10:04:53

I'm not sure actually... Looked on all the baby names lists and Seve is there on it's own... I think names will always be shortened so I quite liked Sev too...

AnaisB Sat 16-Jul-11 10:13:45

I like it. How many syllables in your surname? What kind of middle names do you like? I think I would go for a name with totally different vowel sounds to avoid it sounding like a tongue twister.

MrsRV Sat 16-Jul-11 10:22:18

2 syllables... It's really annoying... I like Elsie for a girl too but our surname ends "sie" too!

razzlebathbone Sat 16-Jul-11 10:43:20

Yeah he was Severiano. It's lovely.

AnaisB Sat 16-Jul-11 11:09:00

I think a three syllable middle name no 'i' sound would work best (e.g. joshua
cameron). Severiano is a bit of a mouthful - what about 'severio'/'severo' with 'sev' for short?

AnaisB Sat 16-Jul-11 11:41:05

I wasn't very clear. I meant a 3 syllable name if you go with Seve, but if you decide against Seve then maybe the other variations and a different middle name.

said Sat 16-Jul-11 11:56:42

Great name. What about Severin as the full name instead?

MrsRV Sat 16-Jul-11 13:57:53

Hmm... Thinks ladies. Quite like Severin and Severo. Think Severo might be my fave.... I like Jude James too but not sure hubby is as keen.

Bandwithering Sat 16-Jul-11 14:14:56

Seve would be more Sebbeh than sevee though.
I like it though.

TrinaLuciusMalfoy Sat 16-Jul-11 15:56:08

I like it - just don't be tempted to go with Severus smile

mathanxiety Sat 16-Jul-11 17:57:37

Severin is a lovely French version. Severiano is nice too. Could you use it as a middle name?

I think the 'samey' problem, with the surname beginning with V and ending in IE is a real problem.

tammy234 Sat 16-Jul-11 21:26:27

Severiano or Severino sound nice in English. Severin sounds nice in French but not in English imo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now