Advanced search

Decoupage for beginners... or how to cover a child's wardrobe in pictures

(5 Posts)
Gem13 Sun 13-Mar-05 09:57:56

Inherited a useful but not aesthetically pleasing nursery wardrobe.

Feeling all arty I am thinking about covering it in child friendly pictures (photos?). I know the old style of this is called decoupage but the only things I've seen by googling are the traditional (?) Victorian lady type objects.

Has anyone done what I want to do? I've been told I need to use PVA glue but have lots more questions. Any advice for layers of pictures? Where I get the pictures from (am thinking photos might be too thick)? and finally what do I 'seal' it with to make sure little fingers don't peel it off?!


Gem13 Mon 14-Mar-05 11:38:19

Am bumping in hope of catching more artisitc mumsnetters!

littlemissbossy Mon 14-Mar-05 11:51:21

Look at the gallery on to give you ideas, some have been used on furniture

littlemissbossy Mon 14-Mar-05 11:54:46

And here are instructions on how to decoupage children's furniture. Thank god for Martha Stewart, even though she's a criminal!

Gem13 Mon 14-Mar-05 20:16:55

Thanks for your links littlemissbossy. I think maybe decoupage was a little too fancy for what I was thinking. More collage type of effect.

I like Martha Stewart... only in America...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: