Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please help - Need to make an aged look map for dd's project

(9 Posts)
dustystar Mon 20-Oct-08 14:36:44

DD has a map to make as a project for school. She wants to age it and I said we could do that with tea. Should we age the paper before we draw the map or after?

TIA

Kbear Mon 20-Oct-08 14:38:10

I would say before, let it dry then draw. But that is entirely a guess. Thing is you don't want her to spend ages drawing the map then the tea ruins it! Could you use a brown crayon and lightly colour the paper instead?

luckylady74 Mon 20-Oct-08 14:38:58

Before and I can remember burning the edges to give it a 'treasure' map look! All the ink would run if you did it after.

dustystar Mon 20-Oct-08 14:39:53

Thats what i though kbear but i wondered whether the effect would then be spoiled when she drew on the paper. I don't think she'll want to do the crayon thing - she's really keen on using the teabag for soem reason.

Aitch Mon 20-Oct-08 14:40:02

before imo, and some drips after. make a few raw sheets though

dustystar Mon 20-Oct-08 14:40:54

We're going to burn the edges too luckladysmile Thanks for your replies.

Bramshott Mon 20-Oct-08 14:41:11

If you draw the map with wax crayons, you can easily do it after. DD1 did one a little while back and it looked really good.

northernrefugee39 Mon 20-Oct-08 14:54:02

Before, and do a couple..smile
my dd did one, and burnt the edges- used a dip pen and ink with curly writing. It looked fabbo..

dustystar Tue 21-Oct-08 19:18:06

Thanks for all the help - we've stained it and dd is now doing the map. Its looking very goodgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now