Talk

Advanced search

selling in shops - can I ask for some advice please ?

(7 Posts)
MorticiaAnnSpookington Mon 13-Oct-08 10:13:57

I have been selling some things that I've made in a shop in a village nr my town - now I'd also like to try to sell them in a shop in town - is this ok ? I will ask the owner of shop in village first before approaching the second shop, but was just concerned that they might feel they're losing the 'exclusivity' - the village shop is a few miles away btw.

lucykate Mon 13-Oct-08 10:19:39

it shouldn't be a problem at all, unless you have previously discussed exclusivity with the first shop, plus if this is what they want, they would have to pay you for the privilege. i would mention to them in passing that you will also be supplying other local outlets, just out of courtesy, but other than that, it's really none of their business how and where you market your own small business.

MorticiaAnnSpookington Mon 13-Oct-08 10:28:13

thank you lucykate - we hadn't discussed exclusivity - wasn't sure about the ins and outs of that..and yes,I will mention to them that I'd like to try selling them in another shop too smile didn't want to do the wrong thing

lucykate Mon 13-Oct-08 10:30:40

ime it's normal when selling handmade items, particularly if its on a sale or return basis, to use a variety of different outlets, makes good business sense to not have all you eggs in one basket, good luck with selling smile

MorticiaAnnSpookington Mon 13-Oct-08 12:51:35

thank you smile

vInTaGeVioLeT Wed 15-Oct-08 11:58:51

morticia - is this button hearts you're selling? how's it going?

MorticiaAnnSpookington Wed 15-Oct-08 13:23:43

yes it is !! hello vintage - how are you ?
It's going well,have been asked to make a whole bunch more and have sourced buttons on ebay which make it profitable, though I'm still waiting for half of my order to arrive..they aren't quite as big or as nice as your lovely buttons,mind grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now