Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Christmas Pudding hat pattern......

(15 Posts)
ChocolateMouse Sun 28-Sep-08 02:27:46

Does anyone know where I could find a knitting pattern for a hat that looks like a Christmas pudding, complete with brandy butter topping and holly? I remember seeing one a while back but I can't seem to trace it now sad

My friend is expecting a baby towards the end of the year and I would love to knit one for her baby smile

whispywhisp Sun 28-Sep-08 08:41:15

Have you looked on eBay? There were loads on there already knitted up so you may well find patterns for sale too.

ChocolateMouse Mon 29-Sep-08 00:44:25

Thanks WW, I have tried eBay but couldn't find a pattern. I guess it's still worth looking there over the next week or so - hopefully a pattern will turn up soon grin.

lucykate Mon 29-Sep-08 00:47:43

there's one here scroll down, it's just below the santa hat

or you could try ravelry

ChocolateMouse Mon 29-Sep-08 00:57:56

That's great LK, I didn't see that pattern when searching before and I hadn't heard of Ravelry either so I'll definitely be looking into that. {grin}

Thanks so much!

vInTaGeVioLeT Mon 29-Sep-08 13:19:57

i've got one somewhere - i'll see if i can find it later.

ChocolateMouse Mon 29-Sep-08 16:47:08

Oh vInTaGeVioLeT - that would be great if you could - you're a star grin [grin}

I'll come and check back on here later - thanks so very much!

vInTaGeVioLeT Wed 01-Oct-08 01:15:25

oops sorry i forgot - having a crap day will look tomorrow

ChocolateMouse Wed 01-Oct-08 01:34:34

Hey VV, no worries. Sorry that you've been having a crap day, hope the rest of your week goes much better smile

vInTaGeVioLeT Wed 01-Oct-08 13:08:12

well i found the pattern - unfortunately it is for ages 2 - 4 & 5 -7 - sorry.

it also has pattern for a teddybear hat with ears and an apple and a snowman!!

ChocolateMouse Wed 01-Oct-08 13:21:05

Thanks so much for looking it up for me - nevermind VV, I must admit that I really like the sound of the Apple and Snowman too grin - how cute!

Hope you're having a better day today and thanks once again.

CrushaGrape Wed 01-Oct-08 13:41:45

There are two on Ravelry, but neither of them are free unfortunately. One is the pattern Lucykate linked too; the other is a Debbie Bliss (from her Kid's Knits for Heads, Hands, and Toes). I'm trying to work out how to do to the wavy, up and down brandy butter, but I'm not an experienced enough knitter yet.

All knitters should join Ravelry! It's incredibly useful and inspiring.

ChocolateMouse Wed 01-Oct-08 14:55:26

Wow - you're knitting one at the moment?? How exciting! Thanks so much CG, I hadn't heard of Ravelry until LL mentioned it and have asked for an invitation to join them - I'm so excited about it grin

I wouldn't mind paying for it so thanks for the info smile. Let me know how you get on with the wavy brandy butter, (I'm not as experienced as I would like to be either).

Can't wait to see what Ravelry have grin

cowbell Sun 19-Oct-08 13:10:45

I don't have a pattern but I've seen several companies that sell made up versions. Try cobwebknits.co.uk site. They've got lots of designs including a xmas pudding. Don't know if this helps.

CrushaGrape Mon 20-Oct-08 17:00:10

Oops - forgot to check back on this one. I'm not making the hat myself, no; I was just getting intrigued as to how to go about doing the wavy lines, and was trying to work it out purely for my own satisfaction! I hope you found a pattern somewhere.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now