Talk

Advanced search

i've just made playdough but...................

(6 Posts)
eleanorsmum Tue 04-Sep-07 14:03:56

although i have some dough it's very soft and a bit sticky. i used a recipe off an old thread on here which was 1 cup plain flour, 1/2 cup salt, 1 tblsp cream tartar, 1 tblsp oil, 1/2 cup water with colouring added. we mixed it all tog and it formed a big ball whcih dd is now playing with but it wont cut well with cookie cutters as its so soft. what did i do wrong??????????????/ read some that were cooked but as it formed a ball of dough already i assumed this didnt need cooking? anyone please before i succume to the demands to make more mummy more!

DaisyMOO Tue 04-Sep-07 14:18:21

I always cook mine and use the same recipe as yours but with 1 cup of water.

mummymagic Tue 04-Sep-07 14:19:14

chuck it in microwave for a minute?

made some the other day (without instructions or several ingredients blush) and thought I'd gone v wrong but it was fine after microwaving.

woodland Tue 04-Sep-07 14:35:29

I made playdough yesterday using a very similar recipe and cooked it. It has come out really well.

MrsBadger Tue 04-Sep-07 14:36:45

er, you do have to cook it

put ingredients (which are right) in pan, heat gently stirring all the time till it's playdough-consitency. Cool before using.

eleanorsmum Tue 04-Sep-07 15:26:08

ok thanks made three lots now and ended up mixing them all together (one really squshy, one really dry the other a runny mess) and now have one huge ball of excellent purple playdough!
thanks for tips, will try cooking next batch another day!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now