Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Stuck with this crochet pattern. Can someone help interpret?

(7 Posts)
Alabasterangel6 Tue 14-Nov-17 12:42:39

I've done granny squares, a window pane scarf and several amigurumi (so you can gauge level!).

I've got a patons scarf pattern classed as 'easy'. I've settled down on my day off and chained 5, and come to a complete standstill already. It can't be that hard, can it? Think I probably just need some direction!

"Work foundation row thus: Next Row - work 5ch, *3ch 1tr into first of 3 ch, 9ch, rep from *3 times more, 3ch, 1tr into first of 3ch, 5ch (5 horizontal tr in total)"

so I've chained 5, then what? Chain 3 more?

I'm flummoxed. Sorry. Can anyone help please?

mustbemad17 Tue 14-Nov-17 12:44:16

I see that as chain 3, then tr into the 3rd chain of that chain 3, then chain 9

Alabasterangel6 Tue 14-Nov-17 12:46:31

Thanks. So why wouldn't it say chain 8? Why ch5 then ch3? <baffled>

mustbemad17 Tue 14-Nov-17 12:49:11

Pass haha. I'm on a pattern atm that is laid out ridiculously stupidly; i've had to sit & write it out as i usually work patterns otherwise i get lost!

It could simply be that you have to repeat the ch3, tr etc so that's why they have split it

Chocchip88 Tue 14-Nov-17 12:49:53

It doesn't say chain 8 becasue the repeated bit doesn't include the first 5 chains, it's just the chain 3 that is repeated.
Worded that badly but hope you understand.

Alabasterangel6 Tue 14-Nov-17 12:54:15

Ah yes. It sort of makes sense. I've done it now and finished the foundation row but it looks pitifully narrow for a scarf. I'll press on and see what happens....

Alabasterangel6 Tue 14-Nov-17 13:02:47

FFS!! Looks pitifully narrow because I repeated it once, not 3 times. Try again!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now