Talk

Advanced search

Daylight lamp; are they any good?

(8 Posts)
Gatekeeper Sat 12-Nov-16 13:23:51

dd has rediscovered her love of painting etc but complains about the lighting in the house this time of year. I am looking for a lamp that can be moved around easily and will give good, clear light so she can see her paint colours better

Any recommendations please?

olderthanyouthink Sat 12-Nov-16 23:13:24

Can't you just replace the overhead lightbulb with a daylight one with as high a wattage as you can find?

We've got them all over the house and It's like a summers day in the dark windowless hall.

dingledel Sun 13-Nov-16 15:31:46

I treated myself to a freestanding daylight lamp a few months back, I went for a magnified one as I was struggling in dim light to do more delicate crafts like beading.

I bought one that you can use as either floor standing or desktop and I love it. It's great that I can swap it around to what I am doing and where I am working and also adjust the flexible "stem" to get the exact angle and light I need.

Gatekeeper Sun 13-Nov-16 17:11:56

Dingledel, if you don't mind me asking how .much you paid for it and where from please

Older I'm not keen on them used as everyday bulbs and I want her to be able to move the lamp if she fancies a diff seat.

dingledel Sun 13-Nov-16 18:24:26

I got mine from hobbycraft and I used some sort of discount voucher I got for being a Newsletter subscriber.....I think I paid about £45 for it. Use it all the time, reading crafting, even doing myself a manicure. lol

Gatekeeper Sun 13-Nov-16 18:33:12

Thank you 😊

bookbook Thu 17-Nov-16 22:56:02

my DH bought one for reading, but I now use it too when sewing/ knitting
this one

JoffreyBaratheon Thu 17-Nov-16 23:35:31

Yes, I've used them for years. Husband is a bit of an artist and he originally discovered them. A daylight bulb does make a difference.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now