Talk

Advanced search

Baby footprints at home

(7 Posts)
babyconverse Wed 24-Feb-16 14:40:05

I have one of those baby memory books and there is a space for babies handprints and footprints. He's only four months so what's the best material/paint to do this in. I ws thinking poster paint but not sure if it's safe or if there is something more appropriate I should be using ?

Marzipants Wed 24-Feb-16 14:50:15

I used ordinary poster paint when I did DD's footprint for thank you cards. I'd also recommend doing a few on some paper then sticking in the best one rather than doing it straight onto the book. And keep LOTS of wipes handy!

misskatamari Thu 25-Feb-16 19:12:21

Yep poster paint will be fine smile I did loads of foot print Christmas cards when Ds was 3 months old with poster paint with no problems. Dd (2 now) has spent the last year sporadically eating poster paint at painting time with no ill effects

babyconverse Thu 25-Feb-16 19:30:37

Thanks guys - the cards with the footprints are such a lovely idea!

misskatamari Thu 25-Feb-16 20:10:59

There are loads of cute ideas on Pinterest babyconverse. I did dd and ds' footprints and turned them into penguins for the Christmas ones this year smile

FellOutOfBedTwice Thu 25-Feb-16 20:14:21

I did DDs when she was really tiny with my foundation, as that's what my mum and her mum had done in their baby books so I figured it was better on the skin than paint?! I don't know- seemed logical at the time. Once Christmas rolled round and we made cards when she was 5 months old, I used poster paint.

moggle Mon 29-Feb-16 19:49:55

After some trial and error here are my top tips. It is infinitely easier with a second person to help. Brush the paint onto a sponge and squish the sponge onto the foot or hand. Use masking tape to attach the paper to a hardback book and 2nd person bring the paper/book to the foot. Press down over the foot so every part gets on the paper. You can usually get two prints out of one go. I always used poster paint and have baby wipes there to get the worst of it off immediately and a bath / hand wash later. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now