Talk

Advanced search

Plus size sewing patterns

(4 Posts)
Dolallytats Sun 02-Nov-14 18:55:01

I'm looking for a pattern to make an easy (very novice machine user!!) A-line skirt. I would like one that is knee length not calf or ankle length-which is all I can find in the plus size ranges (either that or the clothes look like tents!!)

I realise I should be able to adjust the pattern to suit the length I want, but I was hoping to find a pattern that I could follow completely until I feel confident enough to do that.

Can you lovely experienced dressmakers help?? I would be very grateful!!smile

Missunreasonable Mon 03-Nov-14 09:12:32

Have you looked at the burda plus style magazine? I don't know what patterns the current issue has in but you get a lot of patterns for around a fiver so it's worth a look.

Dolallytats Mon 03-Nov-14 11:56:43

I didn't think of looking in a magazine, I will give that a go-thanks Miss!

Missunreasonable Mon 03-Nov-14 14:28:15

The burda magazines are essentially like a pattern book - you get 20 or so full sized patterns for around £5. They are good value even if you only like a couple of patterns because burda patterns cost £6 ish for each one (but you do have to trace the magazine ones). I have only managed to buy them in whsmith so far.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now