Talk

Advanced search

I did my craft stall today and took a grand total of ....

(12 Posts)
Miaou Sat 27-May-06 16:42:56

£34.33

So after I have paid for my table and stock bits and pieces I reckon I may have broken even (just!!!)

However it was good fun and in a good cause (we are raising money to refurbish our village hall) and I now have stacks of stuff to give away as Christmas presents

Whizzz Sat 27-May-06 16:47:07

You did better than me then - at my first, I sold 3 cards - didn't even cover the cost of the stall !!

Miaou Sat 27-May-06 16:53:21

I think people were feeling sorry for me ...

I only spent £3.30 myself at the other stalls which I thought was very restrained (all I can say is it's a good job the shoes on the next stall didn't fit )

champs Sat 27-May-06 21:45:14

@ shoes!!

well done Miaou... you can keep stock for your next stall/fair and that way you will have less to do then.

champs Sat 27-May-06 21:45:36

<<hi whizzz>>

Whizzz Sat 27-May-06 21:50:57

Helloooooo Champs

hunkermunker Sat 27-May-06 21:52:55

Oh, brilliant, Miaou! How was it having a stall? What did you learn from this one that you wish you'd known before (she asks, in a not-quite-without-ulterior-motive fashion )?

I did get your email - thank you! I'll check how many cards I'll have, but think I'll be OK, at least for the first one - thank you so much for the offer though! Have you got any of your cards on the MN yahoo gallery? I've done some hand-drawn ones that I might put on there later (not sure the photos are all that clear).

hunkermunker Sat 27-May-06 21:53:56

And Whizzz...I've been really lax at about sorting out the card to send to you and I'm SO sorry! Will get more organised and send you some v soon - really appreciate your offer to Sizzix it for me!

Miaou Sat 27-May-06 22:16:17

hunker - glad you are all prepared! (well more so than I was anyway!!)

tbh I don't think I could add anything more to what was said on your original thread, particularly by jayzmummy - in fact I followed her advice! Things I found particularly useful - tub for change, plenty of bags, make sure the stall looks good from the front (go and have a tidy every so often). And would add - smile and say hi to people approaching but only keep an eye on them out of the corner of your eye- if you watch them directly they soon shuffle off (sorry probably teaching granny to suck eggs here )

I haven't looked atyour cards or uploaded mine - total technoidiot here - will go have a look now!

Whizzz Sat 27-May-06 22:22:23

No probs Hunker, I have been a bit preoccupied myself lately too - whenever you are ready.
I am away for a week at start of June (not sure when your craft fair is)

JayzMummy Sat 27-May-06 23:39:44

Glad all went well and you managed to break even....having fun is whats the most important thing though and it sure sounds like you enjoyed yourself.

Miaou Sat 27-May-06 23:43:16

thanks jayzmummy - I did really enjoy it and will definitely do it again

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: